1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

runaway rpm,s

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by donalmilligan089, Jun 8, 2012.

1. donalmilligan089

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    After sucessful 4kwh install I was coming off interstate at 65 mph avg. when red light began to show on phev switch. Of a sudden the ice reved to 3700 rpm and loss of power. I was only able to get up to 25mph after red light.the ice contined to rev and of course the dash lit up like a christmas tree. I got to top of hill and pulled over and shut it down. I started it up and every thing worked fine except the red triange and check engine light were still on and all the other lights were off. I pulled into Bachman
    Toyota about five miles further and their tech said this:
    "There is a code poa92 detail 606//adv there is a cust.modified addtional battery,in which we cannot svc." He cleared the code and I drove it home a total of about 60 miles and it is fine. What went on ? has any one had this experience? :(

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    P0A92 - 606 = "Hybrid generator performance - MG1 power balance malfunction (small power balance) Battery current sensor or generator problem". Sounds like a not entirely successful 4kWh install. Good luck, and let us know what happens.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you may want to move this to phev's to get attention of other users.