1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Running savings total?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Serena, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Serena

Serena New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I just bought a Prius C one on Saturday. I put my old car's info (23 mpg) in the settings yesterday, and it now gives me a savings number each time I turn off the car. Here's what I'd like. I'd like to see a running total of my savings that doesn't reset itself so ill know when the car has finished paying for itself. I'm driving 130 miles a day (mostly fwy, unfortunately), and I saved $9.23 yesterday alone. Because of my trade-in, my payments are only $250, so if I can even track my total savings monthly, I could see if my savings are matching my payments (which I suspect they might). Any thoughts on getting a running total of my savings from each and every time I drive the car?
    Thanks so much!
    I averaged 56.8 mpg yesterday (nearly all fwy) and couldn't have been more thrilled.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! Great numbers. Enjoy the ride!

3. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I'd think the daily figures a bit suspect. I prefer to calculate based on the fill-up and to really only pay attention over time as the pump shut off may vary. When I was buying, I did a simple spread sheet that told me the payout over time of several possible mileages. What it didn't include was maintenance and replacement parts savings over the warranty period versus what I'd have spent on the previous car since I didn't know what those would be for the old car over the time I'd keep the Prius. (Oddly enough, yesterday I parked next to my old car. I'd know that scratch anywhere.)

4. Serena

Serena New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    If I don't want to do it on my own, though, and prefer to live in an ideal world where the numbers on my screen are 100% accurate, will the Prius C keep a running total, or is it going to reset my savings every time I get out of the car?