1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rush Limbaugh on Prius Owners

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dvdirv, Dec 1, 2005.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ouch. That's gotta hurt.

2. keaggy220

keaggy220 New Member

I think I am a rarity or should I say an oddity? I am a conservative that owns a Prius. I bought a Prius because I am cheap. Like many on these forum, I could afford a much more expensive car, but that's just not my thing... I like saving money - again, an oddity for an American. This is the 4th Toyota I've bought and I've had a great experience with each vehicle and that's all I care about...

Rush knows how to make money - he's no different than Al Franken, just playing to a different crowd. 90% of the time they are both full of BS; they both speak with the most conviction when they are promoting their sponsors.

3. Wynder

Wynder New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!! :lol: :lol:

4. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I did not buy a Prius to save the whales. I bought the Prius because I wanted to stop the bleeding at the gas pump. We average 96 miles a day in our prius as per Longo Toyotas service records tracking our new car. Thats 2,880 miles a month. My wife and I are commuters in So Cal(we carpool 3-days a week). I also bought the car because living in Southern California and having a goofy set of stickers that lets me drive the carpool lane while solo was a big plus factor in making the decision to buy the nerdy car. If we all agree that time is money then saving 20-30 minutes daily on our commutes is well worth the $8 cost of the stupid stickers. We can afford to drive Hummerz that Bling...know what I mean? But the cost now to roll with bling means that our retirement won't be funded as well as it is now. As one of my financial planners said to me. "When you're 60, will you care what you drove when you were 40? Nuff said, light went on. You cant buy a car and expect to make money on it unless it is a classic auto that is going up in value at auction. Like say a 71 Cuda', Barracuda, Challenger etc. my favorites. All this said, Driving a Prius is a risk. I would rather be driving a 1 ton FORD pickup if I knew I was going to have a wreck. Even with all of the safety curtains and air bags in the prius, I would rather be in a big truck if I knew I was gonna crash. (maybe not even make it to 60 years old, who knows?)

I hear you can add an extra airbag to the prius for added safety, just tune the radio to Rush Limbaugh and you will be riding around with a bloviating gas bag full of pain killer residue. Rush is a hillbilly heroin junkie and 3 or 4 time LOSER divorcee! Sober now but always an addict....When I think of Rush, I think of the animation skit on SNL that showed a fat Rush Limbaugh in his underwear drooling on the bathroom floor face down with a bottle of pills scatterred about. Ha Ha Ha HA HAAAAAA That was the best.......

05 Prius averaging 45 MPG Go Big Ed on Air America!!!!!

Dave

5. jared2

jared2 New Member

Who is Rush Limbaugh? Do I need to know?

6. Wynder

Wynder New Member

Rush is a talk radio conservative politcal commentator... As with most all political commentators, he has strong opinions on conservative/republican politics.

7. Dion

Dion New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Rush, Howard, Hannity all those hosts just say things to keep people listening. They're entertainers. What they say means nothing, except that stupid people believe what they say is the absolute true. And blindly do whatever they tell them to do. People don't have their own opinions they just repeat whatever Rush says.

8. Venturer

Venturer New Member

Rush has done exactly what he intended. He has everyone ranting back and forth. The truth is that liberals and conservatives can look at the same information and come to 2 entirely different conclusions. Both sides feel they are correct and neither side wants to be bothered by the "Facts" that the opposition proclaims. I have listened to both sides of the talk show "Experts" and they all distort information and events to further their position. Our population is pretty evenly divided Conservative vs liberal and I don't see that changing anytime soon. In an ideal world, we would scrap the current political leaders and start over, but that won't happen anytime soon.

Doug

9. s3nfo

s3nfo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Rush is divorced, which kinda negates the whole rest of your comments........

Want hate, try listening to Randy Rhodes!

10. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Everyone, notice the HATEFUL language in these threads and WHO it is that is spreading it....'nuff said!

You guys are ANGRY!

11. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

no it doesn't

12. jwe8f

jwe8f New Member

Rush has taught us well.

13. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

You are trying in vain to equate the liberals who called for the containment or removal of Saddam with Bush's dishonest war costing 2100 American lives and untold tens of thousands of Iraqis, as well as over $200,000,000,000 of our tax dollars.

Just like a Dittohead to repeat these talking points to confuse the issue.

How many American soldiers died in Iraq during Clinton's terms?

(insert sound of crickets chirping)

14. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's not the sound of crickets, it's the sound of a zipper being unzipped.

15. Subversive

Subversive New Member

Wow. Rush Limbaugh figured it out. The reason we love the Prius is because we love terrorists. And owning a Prius just like strapping bombs to your chest when it comes to our patriotic and wholesome oil corporations, only we are deluding ourselves with promises of good mileage instead of 42 virgins in the hereafter. The reason people own Priuses is that we hate America and American freedom. Well I guess with clever individuals out there like Rush, we couldn't have hoped to keep this secret for long.

16. Wynder

Wynder New Member

If you actually read the thread, it has nothing to do with equating one party to the other. It a presentation of quotes of people other than 'Bushies' who believed that Iraq had WMD's as well in contradiction to a previous post. As for being a 'dishonest' war, at least Bush got congressional approval first; Clinton didn't even bother with that.

Which Congress also approved -- Republicans AND Democrats alike.

In the four whole days of bombing? Probably none -- but what did it accomplish? Nothing. Sadam was still in power, the country was still split by gender and religious factions, and the majority of Iraq's income was used to pimp out Sadam's palace with fantasy murals and for padding his own bank account.

17. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Rush is supposed to be teaching the conservatives. It is those who "lean" the liberal way that are so angry. Why would a teacher who does not teach what you believe cause you to learn anger.

I stand by my claim...the people who claim we should be tolerant, are the MOST intolerant. Because what you really mean is "be tolerant to those who share OUR ideals only".

I was a dittohead for awhile, my problem is it got to be same-o, same-o. SO I went to Hannity and enjoyed that, until, yep, same-o, same-o.

I liked Neal Boortz the best but I could not handle that he openly admitted he would "lie" to people. Don't believe anything I say unless you verify it yourself, well, we don't all have the ability nd resources to do that, that is why we depend on those who do.

18. jwe8f

jwe8f New Member

That is total BS. Yea, the people he doesn't agree with should be attacked day after damn day, with him making citizens more and more intolerant, and the people he doesn't agree with are just supposed to smile and love it? How convenient that must be for him.

And what's this liberal stuff? Did I ever say whether I was a liberal or a conservative?

Rush and ALL who are extremists are BAD for the country. Period.

By the way, I'm a MODERATE who has been PISSED OFF by the EXTREMISTS of the world, whether they are RUSH LIMBAUGH or AL-QAEDA.

IT IS TIME TO END THE HATE-MONGERING.

19. Schmika

Schmika New Member

You won't do it with that attitude.

20. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

"That's not the sound of crickets, it's the sound of a zipper being unzipped. "

Thank you so much for eloquently proving my point. Because Clinton (one of two consenting adults) had oral sex, you want to excuse needlessly killing 2100 Americans. Typical...