1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SAD STORY.. LOST MY PRIUS.. CARWRECK.. pics

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JaviNOS, Mar 16, 2008.

1. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    yes. the next car i'm looking for will most likely have ESP or Stability control... hopefully... Prius models should all have standard stability control... not as an option... it should be included... these cars are too sloppy on the road... I had TRD sportivo suspension,toms upper strut bar, bt techs plate, and some nice well rated goodyear tires.. which helped some but still major improvements need to be made.

I will miss my Prius... already missing it... but nothing can be done now... next car wont save as much on gas but maybe I'll feel safer...

2. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It seems like the insurance co would have to pay the extra $900 for the upgrades. Do you have reciepts to show them? Hold them back until they quote a price, and then pull out the reciepts.

Does insurance work different in PR?

Did you have integrity tires? They are know to roll in all directions, not just one. I think Prius can be a much better handling car with good tires and a BTTech brace. I am now very happy with mine. BTTech Brace plus Nokian WR tires.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry about your lost. Maybe now you can upgrade to a Camry Hybrid or something?

GS450h. 2 out of 3 ain't bad :p

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe Australian Prius has stiffer suspension, I know we get wider Michelin tyres. I corner pretty hard and it hasn't let go yet. I don't think I have stability control.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, I think you may have a stiffer suspension (or a different suspension ... I noticed the Australia Prius website says that you have "semi-independent" rear suspension, whatever that means), plus the wider (195/60/15) and probably better (Michelin) tires.

Not to mention how your coveted height adjustable seats can improve the handling.:p

6. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well for those who pointed out a few possible car replacement options. I think I'll be going for the new 2009 Matrix XRS. Not so good on millage but it will do for now. It looks good too.

:D

For those interested I'll be selling a few parts over at the Private Sales section.

7. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have to agree with you, the new 2009 Matrix look great, a big improvement over the last models, much more fluid design.

8. rpiereck

rpiereck Regenerator

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Any accident you can walk away from is a good accident... at least you have your health as you said! Sorry to hear about the loss of your Prius, better luck next time!

9. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    thank goodness you are ok. first off, i'm glad that nothing more serious happened to you, second, i'm sad that you lost your car.

how about your new car be the "TOURING edition?" that might have handled better.........just a thought.

after driving my prius around, i can honestly say that it really is a good car....heal well and best of luck.