1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Safety Connect Activation Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ciaoboy, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ciaoboy

ciaoboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Waiting for delivery of my new Prius... soon to be named EVelyn. We have already filled out the paperwork, almost 2 weeks ago. Shortly after, we received a notification about our Safety Connect service. Nothing about activation, just confirmation the dealer haas the permission to sign us up, in our presence. There was not a way to reply to this email.
    In researching PC and online, it appears you must be in the vehicle to activate the service, and I'm sure the dealer will do this with us. I would REALLY like to do this now, by telephone, but cannot find a number to reach them. What I am hoping for is to be able to see or know where the vehicle is right now. Is it possible?
    Guess that makes me a control freak, is that so wrong.

2. Icculus

Icculus New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five

I believe the dealer can do it for you from a terminal, but outside of that you must be in the vehicle to do it yourself, you press the button and it connects you and they run through the process, which I did this morning in fact - took me about 10 mins.

I'd call the dealer and see if they can help get you the info you need, I was unable to find any website that allowed you to do it or a phone number.

-Andy