1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Safety Connect Availability & Pricing From Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by stream, Jul 29, 2009.

1. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  2. indianagreg

indianagreg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'll be curious to see if mine will have it then. Monday, the dealer called and told me that they "thought" they had located a blue ribbon IV w/nav still in Japan ( not yet on board ship). This also brings into question the iPod adaptor/interface.

3. miketee

miketee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm glad to see Toyota doing this. I wonder if there's any chance dealer's can retro-fit current Prii or other Toyotas? Here's one area where you have to hand it to GM...they've been including their "On Star" system in all their cars for several years now. Of course, Toyotas are so reliable, you might never need to use it!

4. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    From what I've read, not able to retrofit to earlier cars.

5. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I still don't understand why anyone would want a system like this. It is rife with abuse.

GM will void your warranty if they see you doing anything "bad" (their opinion).
    The FBI used it to track a mob leader in Florida. Because it was busy doing that, when he had an accident and tried to use it it was unavailable. He sued and won!
    What makes you think the car's electrical system will survive a crash? I'd rather rely on my cellphone in my pocket. It's cheaper and I think more reliable.

Oh well, at least it will be available if you want it. If they tried to force it on me like GM I would walk!

6. globalcivilian

globalcivilian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I wonder if this means iPod connections updates in August as well

7. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If they have 'located' your car, that means it is built already, and will not have this. If it is assembled after August 1st, then it should.

Usually, they will not have any visibility to see your vehicle until it has left the factory, and is prepped for shipping to the US.

8. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    It's not going into cars till later August production.
    While the annual service is 140, the cost for the USB/Safety Connect technology will increase the base price of the cars that have it when it's being done.

I expect the IV Prius base price to increase for certain. I wonder about the V. The safety connect is subscription based, so it may not be a lot. :)

9. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Package IV only

Correction: The first models to get Safety Connect / USB are ALLEGEDLY (LOL anyone watch Kathy Griffin) the IVs. The V package later, and the pricing increase will be on the IV.

That's my last report. I am still waiting to hear why a IV will go up and a V won't. That makes no sense to me.

Dianne

10. mainliner

mainliner New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Package IV only

It is available on the Prius IV and the Prius V models only.

11. indianagreg

indianagreg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm not sure that they've "located" my car yet. The dealer was going to call when they had confirmed it. Really, I don't know whether I should want the additional amenities (or should it be "amenities"? I guess it depends on whether one wants them or not.). I've wondered whether to be happy with a BT connection for streaming music or if it'd be better to go with a direct iPod connection for fuller use of the nav screen?!? :confused: I've got time to consider it further anyway! A definite maybe... maybe.