1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Safety Connect Pricing

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by jerij, Jul 7, 2012.

1. jerij

jerij Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The Toyota phone rep that signed me up today for my free year of SC, mentioned the price of a year as being (I forgot). She also mentioned that if you went ahead and purchased for greater than 1 year it was a better price. I asked for a website and was told this info would be in my service agreement that I would receive via email.

The price I've found on search here is $139.95/year. Is that correct?
    Does anyone know the price for a multiple year subscription?
    My service agreement didn't have any info at all or I totally overlooked it. (I'll look again)

Overall, I felt the info I got/received regarding the pricing was somewhat "vague" Odd, also, that I can't seem to find the pricing plan/tier on any Toyota/Safety Connect website.

What say you?

jerij

2. DAVEJAN

DAVEJAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    You can just press the Safety Connect button, tell them the call is not an emergency and ask your question. By the way, the volume of the operator's voice is very low and cannot be adjusted from the car end. Toyota say's "they are working on it"

3. Turdblossom

Turdblossom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    About a month before your subscription expires, you'll receive a renewal notice from Safety Connect. The Price is $139.99 a year but they do offer multi-year discounts. I would suggest you go ahead and try out the safety connect button-just to make sure it works. My connection was excellent and the volume was satisfactory.

4. jerij

jerij Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  5. n0na

n0na Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My AAA service costs $56 per year. Toyota's SC is much more expensive and gives about the same emergency service, though SC automatically connects in the case of a really bad accident, it has a built-in GPS to automatically pin-point your location, it can help locate your car if it's stolen, and you don't need to carry a cell phone with you. Personally, SC just isn't worth the extra cost to me. Those recurring charges (SC, Entune, XM radio, etc.) add up to some serius money over a 10 year period, so I hope you've thought about SC's cost/rewards ratio. I've only used my AAA service (to call for a tow) one time in 15 to 20 years, so I've questioned if it's even worth the money. If you can afford the cost of SC, go for it. I'd be interested to hear from people who have SC and have actually made use of it in a situation where simply making a call on your cell phone couldn't have accomplished the same thing.

6. jerij

jerij Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I can understand and agree. I already pay for my parents OnStar. They don't drive 2000 miles per year. They are 83yo old though and probably shouldn't be on the road! :)

jerij

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I use SC to report disabled vehicles to the police.

bythesea likes this.