1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Safety Connect question

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Ken Schwartz, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Ken Schwartz

Ken Schwartz New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have searched the web and spoke to the dealer but have not as of yet called the Safety Connect people. Thought maybe some of you may know the answer or might be interested in the subject. I had another vehicle with a similar system and was able to call the provider from my cell and get them to do many various functions remotely to my car. Such as unlock the doors etc... My question is let’s say you go somewhere and lose your proximity key fob. Can you call them to either unlock your doors and or even unlock the doors and allow you to drive the car to get back home? Can they send that command to the car? Is there a phone number?

2. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    then there's the issue where if the key fob is not detected the engine immobilizer kicks in:eek:

Prodigyplace likes this.
  3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I didn’t find any discussion of capabilities like that in Toyota’s sales, owner, or service publications for the Prius Prime. The basic Safety Connect services are described on pages 551–552 of the Owner’s Manual :
    • Automatic Collision Notification
    • Stolen Vehicle Location
    • Emergency Assistance Button
    • Enhanced Roadside Assistance
    In addition, the telematics transceiver (also called the DCM, data communication module) supports the remote air conditioning and remote charging timer features, and it collects and uploads vehicle-related data, but I see nothing in Toyota’s New Car Features or Repair Manual books (available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com) suggesting that it has control over door locks or the immobilizer.
    I don’t know if the technical capability exists, but if it does, it’s not part of the service offered to customers, as it would be with GM’s OnStar service, for example.
    You can reach the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-800-331-4331.

Prodigyplace likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I suspect you may need Remote Connect as part of Entune 3.0 (as of this writing, Entune 3.0 is on the 2018 Camry and 2018 Sienna with more models to follow).

Safety Connect with Entune 2.x doesn't have that feature as far as I know.