1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Safety Connect Volume

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Vinoh, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Vinoh

Vinoh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just got my Prius v with AT and tried Safety Connect to make sure it is working properly. It connected fine and I was able to talk to the operator. However, the volume was so low I could barely hear him or the automated announcements even when he tried speaking loudly. The car was completely quiet during the test so I don't don't think I would be able to hear anything during a real emergency. I tried the test again in case it was a glitch and the second operator, who was just as quiet, told me the volume is factory set.

Has anyone else tried it? I guess I'll get it checked out at my first service if not before.

Thanks.

--Dave

2. MIKEBRUBAKER

MIKEBRUBAKER New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Hello Dave, also just took delivery of my 2012 prius v and accidentily hit the sos button while trying to open the shades to the moon roof and also could not hear her speaking because the volume was very low, called 800-431-4331 and they said to take it back to dealer. Thank you Mike Brubaker

3. Vinoh

Vinoh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just got my car back from the 5k service. They verified that the volume was very low and spent hours researching it with Toyota. Turns out that Toyota is aware of the problem and should be issuing a fix in a couple of months or so.

--Dave

4. DAVEJAN

DAVEJAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Same here. Toyota opened an incident report. This is a very bad problem because when I called via SOS button I could barely hear the operator asking was this an emergency. I spoke loudly and asked the operator to speak loudly. I could then just hear. In an emergency I doubt you would be able to hear the operator. David

1 person likes this.
  5. DAVEJAN

DAVEJAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I might suggest that everyone call the 800-431-4331 number and get an incident number. This might cause Toyota to escalate the fix effort. David.

1 person likes this.
  6. hoffmanbf

hoffmanbf New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I'm a newbie here, but just to let you know - as of 5.24.2012 - Safety Connect volume problems are not fixed. I did have an emergency and was dumbfounded when I heard the operator say something about a dog in an alley. - Had to call AAA instead. And I was stuck on the left hand shoulder in rush our traffic on Interstate.

7. hoffmanbf

hoffmanbf New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    As of 5.24.2012 - not yet fixed. Found out the hard way. OUCH!!!

8. Vinoh

Vinoh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just had my car in yesterday for the 10k service yesterday and they also confirmed there is no TSB yet. I must say that Toyota seems remarkably unconcerned given that this is a lawsuit just waiting to happen!

9. Vinoh

Vinoh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I finally have good news to report! A TSB for the Safety Connect volume problem was issued this week and I just got home from having it installed. The installation took all day. The technician said the instructions were 30 pages long and I think they had to remove a seat for part of it! I tried it when I got home and it works great. Not only is the volume plenty loud enough to hear even if there was noise around, it seems that the voice was coming through the main speakers now, instead of the little speaker by the button. Very clear and easy to understand, like a phone call.

10. plsinger

plsinger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Does anyone have the TSB number for the Safety Connect volume fix ?

11. Vinoh

Vinoh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    TSB-0221-12 (Wire harness for Safety Connect) is what was written on my repair order.

--Dave

ZPriusV5 likes this.
  12. plsinger

plsinger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  13. plsinger

plsinger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    After two days at the dealer....they ordered the wrong part....my Safety Connect is fixed!!!
    The audio now comes from the right door speaker and is very audible.
    I suggest you all have this done.....