1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Safety Connect

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BigDeal, Feb 22, 2022.

1. BigDeal

BigDeal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I have a 2021 Prius LE. When I bought the car, it came with a free year of safety connect. In the Toyota app there is a “my garage” feature. Under that feature it would show my car’s tire pressure, mileage and how much fuel I had.
    Well, my year expired, and I waited a couple of months before I signed up for a paid subscription. Now I don’t have the tire pressure etc. features. Does anyone know if that comes from a separate paid subscription? It was handy to have, but I’m not willing to pay extra for it. But if it’s supposed to be part of the safety connect, is there some trick to get it to show up again? In the Toyota app I don’t see any other subscriptions to sign up for.

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Those otherwise useful readouts have always been blank on my Toyota phone app, and I paid for another year of Safety Connect just for that emergency phone call that hopefully never comes. I think the remote start feature was also included in some versions of the Camry or Highlander. Hard to figure out from various web sources, but I don't think my version of Prius has or will ever have that feature. I'm also stuck with Apple Car Play while I'm a dedicated Android user. Not as many bells and whistles as I thought it was going to have.

Dael likes this.
  3. BigDeal

BigDeal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Well, I don’t know what I did, if anything. But now my tire pressure etc is showing up again! I was searching all over the app and reading FAQ’s for help. I didn’t find anything useful. I agree with you it’s hard to figure out what features you’re actually supposed to get. Figured I would have to call customer service to ask about it. But then I saw that it is showing up again. Maybe they were just slow in reactivating it. But whatever, I’m happy to see it back.

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I for one opted out of Saftey Connect immediately after I purchased my car (2021 PP Ltd), so I am not claiming to be very knowledgeable about the functionality other than the fact that Toyota App implementation has been always very buggy. That being said, the Safty Connect subscription allows the telematics (essentially a 4G LTE smartphone) to send/receive the data from the ECU to the mothership, and the Toyota App if connected to the internet will allow you to read out that information or interact with the car via the telematics data signal. When the subscription expires, basically you have no more data communication capability from the car. It is like a smartphone with a SIM that has expired. So, yes, all of the data you use to see on the Toyota App would be gone.

upload_2022-2-23_13-25-29.png

#4 Salamander_King, Feb 23, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2022