1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Safety in a Prius c

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Neilb9, May 22, 2012.

1. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I was going to ask the OP, because it actually doesn't look (to me) like the "crushing" extended further than the cargo area. It appears that the back seat is intact...but it's really hard to tell from the pictures. Either way, I wouldn't want to be in the back in an accident like that.

I came close to an identical accident yesterday...scary moment.

2. JLee81

JLee81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Glad to hear that you are ok. I am curious about whether the rear of the car intruded into the back seat and if it did does it look as though someone would have been seriously injured? Hard to tell from the pictures.

SGH-T989 ? 2

3. secondspassed

secondspassed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My Fit was smashed in the same way and rear passengers would have been safe. I think the crumple zone usually extends into the cargo area.

4. prius1driver

prius1driver New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Suspend all those aggressive drivers! That said, I think the car is in pretty good shape considering that it was slammed by a big SUV. I don't think a Civic or Corolla would fair much better.

5. Neilb9

Neilb9 Million Mile Driver

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Remember, the SUV that rear-ended us was traveling over 40 mph and we were at a complete stop. Just starting to put my foot on the accelerator and the fact that there wasn't a car in front of us saved the day.