1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Said Goodbye to My Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cnc97, Mar 22, 2022.

1. cnc97

cnc97 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    After four years and 37k miles, I said goodbye to my Prius. I received an offer too good to pass by on her. Even with a possibly failing ABS Actuator/Accumulator, I was able to get a handsome cash offer for it. It seems that pricing across the country due to the fuel costs have increased outside of normal levels. I took advantage of it. It also caused a lack of inventory of Prius in my area. At some point, I will get a Prius again, but for right now, I went back to a conventional car.

Mendel Leisk, WolfpackBill and CR94 like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    good deal, wish i could sell mine, and my house!
    lack of inventory, all cars are high priced today. hoping increased interest rates will slow demand.
    all the best!

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Electric is next. Here it'll be to inexpensive not to I believe.

4. michaud85

michaud85 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hey man, thanks to you in two years I put 40K+ on the gen 4 swap. Built our business on a budget with your help.

Good luck with the new car. We are moving on as well. Hopefully will get back to another electric or hybrid car in the future.

5. WolfpackBill

WolfpackBill Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I did the same at 175k miles. I got a 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 EV. Love it!!

m.wynn likes this.
  6. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    It was really hard to say goodbye to my 2010 Prius too. I had 140,000+km on it. It was the occasionally engine knocking noise that pushed me to sell. It needed new brake pads and discs replacement and perhaps a new AGM battery was required soon. Factoring in all the possible costs, I decided it was time to let go. The Honda dealer offered me a trade-in amount but I managed to sell it on Facebook Market at double their offer within 24 hours. Due to long wait time for most new hybrid or electric vehicles, I got the CRV-EX this time. Honestly speaking, this new CRV doesn't offer me any excitement like the Prius did before. Anyways, I am leasing it for 4 years and I may go back to Prius Prime on the next round. I will still check in this forum from time to time.

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Salute to the 4th-gen-into-3rd-engine-transplant pioneer. IIRC, yours was a sub-orbital flight, just using the 4th gen block, but it started the ball rolling.