1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

sale this month

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by eileen2134, Sep 24, 2013.

1. eileen2134

eileen2134 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    the prius plug in 2013 is on sale 179 a month lease..just paid 325 ...signed lease totally bummed out..any recourse?

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

that's amazing price $179 ...where is that? if its Toyota lease you might contact Toyota for ruling

3. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I believe that Is for the basic, you have the advanced?

4. Michael33

Michael33 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's for the 'low end" model, which is still plenty luxurious. As I noted elsewhere, we put a $500 deposit on a lease for one (same deal, but with less down and more per month) two weeks ago, only to have the dealership fail to find one while stalling us, leaving us with no PIP and none guaranteed. Again, if any dealers are reading this and are near Upstate NY, please PM me if you have one to lease us immediately.

5. eileen2134

eileen2134 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I do not know if I have the advanced or the basic....I will try to find out. I was so happy with my car..Toyota emailed me to fill out a survey and at the end of the survey the offer for the car at 179 leased poped up bursting my bubble of happiness !! And, to think I was so happy charging it up saving so much money on gas..makes me feel foolish currently...

6. eileen2134

eileen2134 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I bought mine at Fuccillo in Grand Island and they have them I believe...call them..good luck!

7. eileen2134

eileen2134 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I really love my pip but hate to be paying 100 more per month...not sure if basic...which for 100 less would be fine..not a prima donna but very spoiled by all the great fun things it has...if basic I would love to see the extra model ! Compared to my Volkswagen golf I traded in..this is heaven.

8. eileen2134

eileen2134 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I called Toyota they said it is a shame and very sad but there is nothing we can do..the sale was not the month you purchased it only September !

JMD likes this.
  9. Michael33

Michael33 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That isn't anywhere near us, but I went to the site and live-chatted with a Rep. This is a statewide company, and while they didn't have any PIPs in stock there, my contact info and what I want will be sent to the dealer in the company closest to me. Thanks.

10. Bill Collins

Bill Collins Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I traded in my 2011 Prius with 8358 miles and a balance of $14074. for my new PIP base and am looking forward to a check from T:eek:yota for $2054
    (Refund of Maint.). My old payments on purchase was $457 for the 2011 ..now my payments on a three year lease of the PIP are to be $402... Not sure if I got a good deal or not ..ohh and the dealer installed ON-STAR as a gift
    I have Nav...And best Audeo ...My 2011 had Solar/MoonRoof..PIP does not

11. zhenya

zhenya Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That deal was good at least in some markets in August too.

You can't really look at the $179 payment and know too much. That doesn't include tax or fees. It doesn't include the $1999 down payment. Depending on the particulars of your deal, you might have come out ok.

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    westboro toyota in ma has had that deal all year. it's for the basic. it will only take you a minute to find out which one you have, the advanced is 10k more. and really, no offense, but the fact that you leased a 30-40k car and have no idea which it is?

JMD likes this.
  13. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The window sticker would identify the model Basic or Advanced

14. Michael33

Michael33 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The down payment is always listed, so you just have to include tax and Toyota's usual $600 or so fee. For us, in NY, it would have been $3600 down and $179 a month, with tax and fees.

15. zhenya

zhenya Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I know that. I meant that eileen can't just look at the advertised monthly payment, compare that to her payment, and automatically think she got a bad deal. She might have put nothing down, which would mean she got an average deal.

16. Michael33

Michael33 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's true.

17. Michael33

Michael33 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I spoke with a saleswoman at Lia Toyota of Colonie (NY) this evening, and she is going to try to locate a PHEV for us tomorrow morning. This group has 16 dealerships, so I figure they are our last, best chance to get a PIP before Tuesday. If she finds us one and it's a Sure Thing, we'll have to call the dealership where we have the $500 deposit (they cashed the check) and ask for it back. Should we expect any trouble from them? Can they just say that we only get it back if they don't find us a car by 10/1?

18. Michael33

Michael33 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Update:
    Lia Toyota called back this morning. They had located just two PHEVs total in their 16 locations, one white and one green. They were in neighboring Massachusetts. We put a deposit on the green one today. This had better not be a rerun of the last PHEV "lease" we put a deposit on. We are supposed to have the car on Monday. I wasn't satisfied with the lease offer, so we went with the Toyota regional offer, plus an Extra $27 or so a month for Excess Wear protection and gap insurance. (We park in medium to high risk areas.) So for about $7 more a month than the price of leasing a 2013 Prius II, we get a Prius PHEV with insurance against excess wear, tear, and minor to moderate body damage.

New Country Toyota of Saratoga seemed to be playing the "sell them what you've got" game with us, holding our money and not telling us that they had *six* requests for PHEVs filed, apparently in the expectation of leasing or selling us a 2013 Prius II after the clock ran out. We will be getting our deposit back from them, after a "few weeks" for "processing." Let our experience be a lesson: putting a deposit on a vehicle doesn't necessarily guarantee that you will get it, or that it even exists...