1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SALES OF THE PRIUS C in the USA

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by roadrunner, Jan 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rmay635703

Rmay635703 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    You would think with the “high fuel prices “ Toyota would want to offer the Aqua/C again

Ah well bigger is better, right?

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    High for how long? It takes them months-to-years to do all the things needed to deliver left hand drive, US-regulatory-ready product even if they have the home market version fully on tap.

Maybe they already hit the switch? It won't do them any good to announce until shortly before they actually go on sale.

3. Rmay635703

Rmay635703 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Touché, you are repeating the same argument I used as to why Toyo likely can’t financially afford to sell 2 motors for the Prius, I would also argue it’s likely financially a bad idea to sell a separate PHEV/HEV given the expensive nature of platform laws concerning different “motors” and “transmissions “ driving millions in crash, compliance and legal.

Now if Toyo could pull a Ford and have another “legally identical “ car for the Aqua to buddy off of…
    But like Ford telling the gov that the Focus and CMAX were the same car that probably wouldn’t work out.

As to gas
    Except for a brief 6 month period during a housing crash and a brief 9 month period during a pandemic fuel prices have been “high” since about 2005 “most of the time”

I don’t think we will see any significant time in the $2 area going forward unless the next regime reverses job growth.

I also highly doubt our oil companies are competent enough to build a new refinery but who knows, maybe world peace will happen tomorrow and oil companies will ignore their investors and build a new rig.

Sadly like a boiling frog a lot of people don’t care how high the price gets and will continue to drive pickups and SUVs but there was 2008, could happen?