1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Salsa Red From Sacramento

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by berryman, Sep 20, 2004.

1. berryman

berryman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I flew up to Sacramento (Elk Grove Toyota) yesterday from Southern California to pick up my new Salsa Red #6. Everything went smoothly at the dealership and I was on my way home in about two hours. The trip back was 535 miles (including a side trip to spend the night with my daughter in Hollister). Average MPG for the whole trip was an amazing 54.5MPG! I took things slow, trying not to exceed 65MPH to honor the break-in period. My 6-hour drive home from Hollister went very well (including the 4000 ft climb to the top of the Grapevine). The car went up the hill as smooth as silk with no noticeable strain. The only complaint I have is with the lack of lumbar support in the front seats. After a few hours of driving, my lower back started to ache, but I was able to overcome this problem by inserting a small pillow between the seat and the small of my back.

On the way back, I ran into both rain and some wind - neither proved to be a problem for the car. This is one amazing little (er ah mid-size) car!

Berryman

PS - I was on two waiting lists - one in Southern California and one in Northern California. My name came up first in Northern California, even though I got on their list later. Seems Elk Grove Toyota is getting a consignment of about 20 cars a month, while my Southern California dealership is only getting about 8 cars per month.