1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Salvage find. What should I grab?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BigFatGuy, Oct 3, 2016.

1. BigFatGuy

BigFatGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just found a local yard that has an '06 that looked to be in good shape before a wreck. Attached some pics.

I have a base model 2007 that I recently realized could use some freshening. I fixed the door lock actuators (thank you, forum!) and have ordered new shocks, struts, and Tanabe lowering springs. This salvage car looks like it's higher spec than mine, due to fog lights and leather.
    I don't really like leather, but I will be snagging the lights. Anything else I should grab? Is that a steering wheel cover, or am I imagining that? Do the leather seats cars have a leather center console cover too? Mine could stand replacing. Would this have the touring suspension, or is that only with the bigger wheels?

Thanks for any help. I'll post up my deals.

Attached Files:

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes the center console is leather, but leather can be really hot to the touch on really hot days.

You would benefit getting the entire leather interior and door panels.

I would leave the lights, hid lights are a nightmare. Halogen is the best and most reliable

You can take the steering wheel with leather, that's pretty cool to have.

3. ILuvMyPriusToo

ILuvMyPriusToo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If it is low mileage, the HV battery might take a bit of work but could be worth it. MFD?

4. BigFatGuy

BigFatGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah, didn't think about the heat. It gets hot here. Didn't even know about the door panels. That's cool, but I think I'll pass.

huh. Hadn't considered that they might be HID headlights. Not really my thing, I just want the fogs.

160k, so I figure the battery is about toast. MFD.... Multi Function Display? I have one. Aren't they all the same?

5. ILuvMyPriusToo

ILuvMyPriusToo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Until one stops working . . .