1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Salvage Title ?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Marine Ray, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Sharnold

Sharnold Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As stated above by others a salvaged title has went through the process of being bought from the owner, bank, or lien holder by the insurance company then sold to either the junkyard/scrapyard or taken to auction. The car is then bought with a totaled title/bill of sale and has to be repaired physically and mechanically to meet the states recommendations to be deemed safe for a rebuilt title. Alot of the cars I've got have been wrecked but then again I've had some that where flood damaged and it's a cluster #@%* to get the electrical/mechanical bugs out sometimes they are only worth salvaging parts and not attempting to fix. Alot of the wrecked cars I've fixed that where deemed totalled needed very little to repair and did not devalue the cars substantially..... example I have a 2010 Prius in the shop right now with 50k miles that was wrecked in the front passenger side from sliding off the road and hitting a culvert. Only things I had to replace was a wheel, tire, strut, brakes, rotor, caliper, axel, and fender. No other damage was done no airbags deployed other than minor scratches that was easy to repair. So is the car a lemon absolutely not it didn't even require the frame machine or welding. There will be no bondo in the car. Is it worth the cars suggested retail value. No because it has a salvaged title but it will retain close to suggested value. Always know the cars rebuilt/salvaged title history before purchasing if they wont provide you the information walk away........ sorry if I made this too long

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. pghyndman

pghyndman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The other side of a totaled vehicle equation can be even worse: a washed title snaring an unsuspecting buyer. Caveat emptor!