1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Samsung Galaxy Light won't sync contacts

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BluetoothEdsel, May 3, 2014.

1. BluetoothEdsel

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Anybody get a Samsung Galaxy Light to sync? I've got the Display Audio with Entune (3.1). Android version is 4.2.2. Just got the phone and synced it to Bluetooth. All the music and Pandora seems to basically work, and I can make phone calls... but the phone book doesn't sync. Except for, strangely, one contact. I've tried "refresh phone book" a few times - it shows success, but then there's just that one contact (always the same one.) Can't spot any reason that contact would be different than others.

I've found a few threads about the S4 and S3 and phonebook trouble... seemed to suggest some people have problems and some don't, but couldn't spot a solution. Never had a Samsung before so not sure if there's any significant differences in the phonebook setup between the Light and other recent Galaxies. My HTC Sensation did OK with syncing the phonebook (though the BT on that one kept freezing when using Pandora.)

If anybody's got this working, did you need to take any special steps, or did you need to configure your contacts a certain way?

2. BluetoothEdsel

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just tried repairing and various other things. Discovered some more stuff, but still no solution:

* Decided to remove that one contact from the phone that was showing up in the car's Phonebook, in case that one was somehow getting "stuck." On subsequent refreshes, no contacts show up in the Phonebook. So presumably, that was the only one the car liked - but I could not see any difference between it and other contacts.

* Sometimes, after I Refresh Phonebook, the messages, dialed calls, etc, do show the contacts' names - but still nothing shows up in the Phonebook.

* Other times, after I Refresh Phonebook, the contacts' names don't show up, just the number does. Haven't figured out yet why it behaves differently at different times.

I'm getting the feeling something needs to be set a certain way re: the phone contacts, but can't figure out what it is. (Have tried adding people to the My Contacts group - doesn't seem to matter.)

????

3. BluetoothEdsel

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok, seem to have found a solution. Download the app "Bluetooth Phonebook" from the Google Play store, then repair the phone.

The fact that transferring with the app works, but trying to transfer from the Galaxy Light directly fails, would seem to suggest that the Galaxy Light's built-in Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP)might be fishy. Or is it just a problem with my particular phone? Would be interested to hear if other Galaxy / Galaxy Light users have had similar problems (or not.)

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hsn deal?

SM-N900P ?

5. BluetoothEdsel

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model: