1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 - anyone have one yet? work well with ENTUNE?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by blakemster, Jun 29, 2012.

1. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Make sure you are update to the latest software. I didn't get text message popups until the Android 4.1.1 update. Now everything works, even contact photos appear on the HU when receiving a call.

If you hit the phone button, is messages available to select?

If you are on 4.1.1 and it still doesn't work, with the car off, delete the pairing on your phone, turn bluetooth off.

Start the car, and delete the pairing to the phone.

Turn the car off.

Start the car. Turn on bluetooth on the phone. Pair the phone to the car.

When prompted on the phone for permission, make sure you check "Do not ask again" and allow it.

Test texts.

2. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I am at 4.0.4. When I hit the phone button, the message button on the HU screen is grayed out.

My carrier is AT&T. When I hit SW update, it says it is current, I am thinking 4.1.1 has not been released by AT&T yet.

Just to make sure, you got it to work with Android 4.1.1, without any aftermarket FW, correct?

3. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    That is correct. I am stock 4.1.1 I am on Sprint and we were updated a few weeks ago. I don't follow ATT models. Check out XDA Forums for info on your SG III for ATT.

4. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  5. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    One more question. After the 4.1.1 update, do you have more BlueTooth profiles under CAR MULTIMEDIA? I only have Call Audio and Media Audio right now. My BlackBerry had a Message Notification profile, I think this is what makes it tick.

6. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes I do. Texts messages require the MAP profile. Messages is for email I believe, which our phones do not support.

Jonny Zero likes this.
  7. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Awesome. Thanks.

8. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It seems somewhat ironic that it is the Blackberry which functions most completely with the PiP for the Bluetooth phone/text/e-mail functionality (even including tabs for multiple e-mail accounts ) and also the Entune media apps (like Pandora), but Toyota won't support Entune on any Blackberries made in the last two years or so "due to unsatisfactory user experience". I had to side-load the Entune app for an older model on my Torch touch screen (9850), and it works just fine. The phone/text/e-mail functionality works with core functionality on the phone and is not related to the Entune app, so I don't need to even bother with the app most of the time.

9. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Well with my BlackBerry 9800, the text email thing was a hit and miss. It worked when it wanted to. It always worked after a reboot of the phone, so it seems to be a phone problem. It also had a problem of going back and marking a bunch of emails as unread on the phone. Pandora via Entune buffered and skipped.

I went to the Galaxy S3 hoping to get Entune working like it should. Which it did. I just did not foresee it taking a step back when it comes to the text messaging feature. :(

10. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Galaxy S3 is 4G, isn't it? That would certainly help with the Pandora buffering issue.

I occasionally get an e-mail problem if the message is too big and the download to the car times out. I got it to stop mucking with the read status of messages by turning off the "mark messages as read" option in the messaging options. Now, anything that pops up on the car doesn't change status on the phone. When it pops up and volunteers to read incoming SMS or e-mail out loud, and I tell it to go ahead, it seems to do a reasonable job of pronunciation.

11. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    4G LTE. Getting 30Mbps down, and 10Mbps up. My WiFi at home, which is backed by a cable modem, is only 10Mbps down, and 1Mbps up. Switch on WiFi is actually a penalty.:p

Anyway, I made the switch away from BB and not looking back. Been on various CrackBerries since 2007. But they are falling too far behind, and do not have the Apps like the other guys. I was waiting for the BB10 Phones, but that kept pushing out. I don't know if there is anyone working in Waterloo anymore.:mad:

Adam Leibovitch likes this.
  12. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  13. blakemster

blakemster Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I procrastinated and finally got note 2 and its jelly bean stock from t mobile and ALL works.

14. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Nice. I am waiting for my Jelly Bean...:)

15. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a GS3 this week and all works fine in my model Three. Text message alert pops up on the screen but it only reads it to you so you can't actually read the message while driving. If you have the motion bypass switch installed you can then read the messages.

For all you players out there DO NOT HAVE BLUETOOTH ACTIVE WHILE A SIGNIFICANT OTHER IS IN THE CAR! This doesn't affect me but thinking back to my younger days this could seriously ruin your game if you get a sext. Lmao

16. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Did yours come stock with jelly beam?

17. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think so. It just says Android version 4.0.4.

18. Adam Leibovitch

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Are you guys able to use the entune apps on your phones interface? If so, what conditions? Can you do it from your couch or only when connected to the car?

Thanks, everything is workingin the car through bluetooth, but I cant click the entunes emblems for their apps on the phone. Will reinstall I guess.

19. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hmm, must be something with your different HU then.
    BTW my GSIII has to go back. Found the MicroUSB port on the bottom to be defective. Touching the cable ever so slightly will cause the phone to connect and disconnect to/from the computer. I called AT&T and they said they will call me back Monday and arrange for a replacement. Bummer.

20. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I can launch the Enturn App, with or without the car connected. It allows me to edit the config for each App. Audio quality and account info for example, for the Pandora App.