1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" Main head unit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by drunkin master, May 18, 2011.

1. r3dl4b3l

r3dl4b3l Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I ran across this thread last night to light up the knob. You'll have to search for illuminate joystick shifter. I can't post up the link since I'm a newbie with less than 5 posts

2. lgorbena

lgorbena New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am familiar with that thread, there really isn't a good solution there. The two solutions are putting something inside your shifter that is always on... So, when my car is off and it is the middle of the night, my shifter will be easily visible... Doesn't sound safe to me... I am trying to devise a custom job :) Maybe something that works off a battery and touch

3. drunkin master

drunkin master Contributing Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well the products are no longer being made.
    Not enough people interested.
    The ring under the shifter can be easily made though, PM me if you are interested.

As for the knob, the best way imo is to install a led near the base of the knob and run a power behind the shifter so you can't see it.

4. nmeurett

nmeurett New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So i anyone going to post daytime pictures? Anything can look good at night in the dark but id like to see how the set up is in the day. Also a step by step to how you did it would be great. I have found tablet holders "http://padholdr.com/toyota/ipad-holder-mount-for-2010-toyota-prius/" but would like to see if your way looks better and is more efficient?

5. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The pics are no longer showing up in the OP. Would love to see how this looks as I'm now trying to figure out a good setup for audio on my car where I can control my music via the car's dash rather than my android phone. Also, if I'm going to spend a lot of money on an in dash solution I don't want to spend the money to get a 256gb ipod which will interface with the car.