1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by tochatihu, Jan 26, 2020.

1. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hundreds of colleges to require Covid vaccines for fall 2021

Entire countries are refusing entrance to those who are not vaccinated.

Public Schools in areas are beginning to require Covid 19 vaccinations for children to attend in person school (This is old news as individuals who have children know you must submit your children's vaccination records before they can be admitted to school)

When I was working my way through college with odd jobs at restaurants there were a number of vaccinations and shots my state required for food workers to protect the public from mass infections - hepatitis immediately comes to mind as one of the required shots and tests.

A hospital has every right to require minimum health standards for its workers. This is actually required and the hospital could be sued for negligence if they didn't protect patients. A worker could easily become a 'Typhoid Mary' in a hospital setting spreading an infectious disease throughout the hospital staff and patients. Hospitals already require many shots and vaccinations of their workers.

In our area Health Professionals went to the front of line for vaccinations. Many in our state depend on these modern day hero's for help in very difficult times. I don't recall many not getting the vaccine and hope our state doesn't experience any of the monkeyshines that Texas is experiencing.

#3841 John321, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Zythryn likes this.
  2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well....I think that the millions of asymptomatic and mild cases (like mine) that never got reported helped too.... ;)

hill likes this.
  3. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You're going to confuse people if you keep using facts like that.....
    As it turns out...some employers CAN require vaccinations.
    So can other people.
    HIPPA is a laughable notion for anyone who has ever traveled internationally, been in the military, sent a child to a public or most private schools, or held one of the many jobs that require vaccinations.
    I personally believe that privacy is a fundamental human right, that diminishes rapidly when you leave the house and go out into public.
    I also believe that employers have a right not to hire morons.... ;)

The Nurses already lost their first court case, and they're in Texas....meaning it's gonna be a long, rocky climb to the Supremes from there.
    The only legal (NOT MORAL!!) leg that the nurses have to stand on is that all of the vaccines are still being used under an emergency use order, and I'm still not sure that dot.gov can't require them to be for-sure vaccinated ANYWAY....because emergency powers that can short circuit the byzantine drug approval process can surely mandate vaccines as a condition of employment for public health officials.
    People who are getting their knickers in a knot over "vaccination passports" might be surprised to learn that these documents aren't exactly new.
    International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis - Wikipedia
    https://www.gsa.gov/forms-library/immunization-record
    (Currnet revision date 10/75...meaning 1975!)

For those who are uninformed about this, WHY DO YOU SUPPOSE that The United States has eight federal uniformed services that commission officers as defined by Title 10????
    (Hint: The U.S. PHS Commissioned Corps ISN'T EVEN the smallest!!! - IIRC NOAA is.... ;) )

#3843 ETC(SS), Jun 15, 2021
  4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My understanding is the vaccines have a stronger and longer acting effect than just having any version of the bug. It makes sense that a lab developed vaccine might target a more common weak spot of the virus.

Bob Wilson

5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What's HIPPA?

I mean, besides some mythological creature that isn't to be confused with HIPAA?

upload_2021-6-15_10-33-56.png

privilege, Trollbait and bisco like this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  7. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    an employer along for proof of vaccination would look like a hippa (oh yes, imma keep spelling it that way now to throw off the Google bots) violation

8. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    if you can't bear the thought, you can choose another medical and support staff.

9. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    funny how vaccinations coincided with herd immunity.

also funny how face diapers can't stop The Religion of The Blessed Virus, but it can completely eliminate the flu.

funny how the flu didn't immediately "SURGE" as soon as face diaper mandates disappeared... oops , we forgot about the flu again.

10. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Or they can find a new career. Medical or other first responders don't need to be today's 'Typhoid Mary.' Actually, I like the idea of a self-funded HAZMAT suit for the unvaccinated medical and first responders:
    [​IMG]

Bob Wilson

#3851 bwilson4web, Jun 15, 2021
  11. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Concur.
    Defense in depth > single measure.

Having previously had the bug makes you less likely for you to need to ride a ventilator if you get one of the +1 types.
    Being vaccinated almost certainly makes you an even harder target.....but it only speeds up process that are already underway, otherwise we'd still be dealing with much higher rates of death from the 1918 bug....

Hopefully not in food preparation, teaching, hotel management, flight attendant, or any other profession requiring work outside the home AND common sense, or empathy for others.

Perhaps new car sales on a Toyota lot......;)

As much as justifiably I rag on the last 3 administrations for dealing with the CHICOMMS, I always followed mask mandates, got my vaccine when it was first ethically available to me, and followed social distance guidelines.

I did these things not so much because I believe that masks and outside distancing measurably altered the trajectory of the dampanic (see: individual state/nation numbers,) but rather because it often made "non essential" workers that were required to service the needs of the "essential" work-at-homes feel more secure about HAVING to work outside their homes.

I'd rather just avoid them altogether.
    I find that empathy and a three digit IQ are value adders in the medical field and for first responders.

#3852 ETC(SS), Jun 15, 2021
  12. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not here, if by herd immunity you mean the naturally acquired immunity from having the disease. Despite being the U.S. Ground Zero (the country's first identified cases, school closures, and deaths were right here), my region's overall disease case rate ended up far below the national average. We came nowhere close to natural herd immunity.

But we are near the top in vaccination rates.

If the virus is stopped only by naturally acquired immunity, not by vaccinations, then we are going to be in a world of hurt as the next wave hits us very hard, now that we are significantly reducing precautions. When should we expect that wave to start?

Trollbait likes this.
  13. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    People should note that HIPAA is not nearly as expansive as popular mythology places it. It applies only to certain "covered entities". I don't know the nitty gritty for when your employer and your health care provider are the same entity, but for the rest of us, our employer is not covered.

Remember also that a not-insignificant number of health care employees don't get their own health care at the same place they work.

HIPAA and Proof of Vaccine Status
    "Vaccination information is classed as PHI and is covered by the HIPAA Rules. However, HIPAA only applies to HIPAA-covered entities – healthcare providers, health plans, and healthcare clearinghouses – and their business associates. If an employer asks an employee to provide proof that they have been vaccinated in order to allow that individual to work without wearing a facemask, that is not a HIPAA violation as HIPAA does not apply to most employers."

Zythryn likes this.
  14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not sure where you get your info, but face masks do work. vaccines work, distancing works, and the low numbers prove it out

15. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is this thread also going down the drain? What a shame. :(

bisco likes this.
  16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    only because of one. we can get it back on track, although, i feel like the country has moved on

Raytheeagle and Salamander_King like this.
  17. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    No, just usual drift.

Bob Wilson

fuzzy1 and Salamander_King like this.
  18. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle: