1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by tochatihu, Jan 26, 2020.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    'j&j vaccine shown to protect against delta variant, and last at least 8 months'

the news is getting better and better on all three vaccines

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A co-worker's wife (nurse) has the "I've already gotten the Rona" kind.

She has to have blood work regularly (cancer) and she also has them look to see if she still has antibodies from the previous case - now one year later.
    Like myself, (one year 7 months later) she's loaded to the gills with them.

I went ahead and got the (Pfizer) shots just to shut the Karens up and because it seemed like a good time to give my immune system a little exercise.

AS always.....YMMV

bwilson4web likes this.
  3. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've seen a lot of people confuse the order of importance, when describing their family. some do so by putting "military" in front of "family". others put "traveling" , "poor", "busy" , "racing" (yes, I know), etc descriptors in front of the important part. maybe it says something about their priorities, maybe it's just a cliche they don't realize. I do not know, but I learn things from them.

4. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    thanks, we can all learn something from that.

pat yourself on the back, I'm sure someone will avoid a poor decision after reading that.

5. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I thought the news said we were only safe for three months ? might have to get more vaccinations every year or twice a year ?

man they flip flop a bunch. it's almost like they want to keep you in the edge of your seat waiting for the next piece of control propaganda.

nah, that can't be it ;-)

6. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It was an actual titer test? The standard antibody test just gives a positive or negative result. It doesn't measure the levels.

7. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This has always been a big unknown, so they are saying to not get your hopes unrealistically high.

As pointed out in various thread last year, there are hundreds of natural coronaviruses that afflict mammals. Only 7 are known to afflict humans: 4 mild ones that cause common colds (only about 20% of total cases, other categories cause the rest), and 3 severe ones that cause SARS, MERS, and Covid-19.

Natural immunities to the 4 common cold coronaviruses appear to be surprisingly short-lived. Back then, we had no meaningful history to similarly know if the SARS, MERS, and Covid-19 coronavirus immunities lasted any longer. Or not. So don't pin your hopes too high just yet.

News is giving longer figures for Covid immunity now, because real-world longer experience data is just now coming in. Expect figures for Covid to keep changing as the calendar marches forward and more results are reported.

Don't expect much in the way of updates for SARS and MERS, because those outbreaks were corralled quickly and stopped without becoming pandemics. Because those diseases are not circulating in the wild, we don't have a large and increasing patient database to work with.
    Don't expect certainty of medical science data that just doesn't yet exist.

privilege and Zythryn like this.
  8. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't ask.
    I didn't KNOW to ask.
    Testing wasn't a concern then because I was pretty sure I had already had it, and it isn't NOW because I've been vaccinated AND previously infected.

Rona, for now, is a gift that I can neither give nor receive.

Don't know if she (coworker's spouse) did or not but I presume so since the purpose of her test was to determine whether or not she would get the shot (she hasn't yet) and she reportedly was told that she didn't "need to."
    That's heresay, AND I'm wondering why medical health professionals would tell somebody that they do not need the vaccine - but hey......nurses.
    There's a bunch of 'em in TX who quit or got fired rather than take get the vaccine - or?
    Be forced to get it.
    Americans.....

Not wanting to pay for a Rona test, I asked for the AB test to be bolted onto the standard geezer bloodwork panel done by my PA under the "free" annual ACA tests.
    They did.
    She (my PA) assured me that I was "loaded with" the ABs but advised me to get the vaccine anyway, which I did in another branch of the clinic when it was available.
    At the time, they were still tranching out the vaccine to more at-risk people than myself, and I didn't want to cut line, or carpet bag.
    AS SOON AS the shot was available to people in my cohort, I signed up.
    Now?
    If you slow down enough while driving by a county health office somebody will try to jab you in the arm.

Until the blood panel, I suspected, but was not sure that I had already gotten the bug - which makes sense since I haven't missed a day's work since this whole mess started excepting for a few days of vaca, and at that time I'd been exposed to numerous people, family, and church members all of whom had gotten and nearly all of whom have since recovered from the Covids.
    I can think of 2 "long timers" and, sadly, some people who did not recover.
    I have to struggle now to think of somebody that I know who HASN'T gotten it.

You have to remember....it wasn't that long ago that getting TESTED for the Rona meant that you HAD to take off of work until the results came back - a powerful reason for some people NOT to get tested either for the bug itself or the antibodies, since many jobs do not come with paid leave, and other jobs WITH paid leave (like mine) come with incentives (performance bonuses) not to take sick leave.

I myself stayed home while sick (not knowing it was the Rona because people weren't flopping and twitching about it at the time) but I used previously scheduled vaca instead of sick leave and at that time tests were not widely available - especially for free..

AS ALWAYS
    YMMV

#4068 ETC(SS), Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  9. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't you mean testing for cause, i.e. suspected case or exposure? Or for screening prior to some activity requiring it?

There was no quarantine or special isolation needed for random community surveillance testing, such as I had. At least not here.
    You had it at the start of December 2019, before any known U.S. cases? o_O

Here at U.S.A. Ground Zero, while the spouse was hit with something unusual in mid-December that year, and I had a milder version shortly thereafter, we still have seen no verification that the 'Rona existed anywhere near here that early. If it really was 'Rona, my elderly dad didn't catch it from me or skated by asymptomatically, rather unusual for his extremely high risk status.

#4069 fuzzy1, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you may still be contagious after being vaccinated

11. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    He came really, really close to catching it, just never quite did.

yay autocorrect!

fuzzy1 likes this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    we had symptoms in february 2020. tested in may, negative. tests were poor, got better, but still not great on an individual level.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  13. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Back to normal for you today:whistle:?

Hope so for the holiday weekend(y).

bisco likes this.
  14. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    January….
    Either that or I was completely asymptomatic when exposed…..or I popped false positive.
    Don’t really have to care for now.

I got the shots

15. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ... except for a long term neurological issue in the math processor unit. ;)

16. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    "still contagious after vax"... lol !

false positives
    "asymptomatic"
    face diapers stopped the flu 100% but did nothing to stop the rona
    wait, now we're saying face diapers stop the rona too, keep wearing them forever (lol)
    people that burned in Motorcycle crashes labeled as Rona hits

I think my favorite the are when there's 30+ people standing for a news conference and someone says "hey, they have cameras!?!?” and everyone scrambles to put on their face diapers to keep the lie going

this new religion of The Blessed Virus is stranger than the last ones, but they all really are.

17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It’s funny, in another chat room I’m in, most of the members are pickup driving, gun toting climate denying, capitol invading
    anti vaxers, posting the same links.

18. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Pre-existing condition…..

fuzzy1 likes this.
  19. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    feeling good thanks! a glass of cab last night, and a good nights sleep.:)

ETC(SS) and Raytheeagle like this.
  20. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hopefully it was a nice cab;).

Sleep and can is a winning combo though (y).

bisco likes this.