1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by tochatihu, Jan 26, 2020.

1. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You are very very seriously overstating your case. Influenza and covid-19 have very different degrees of lethality and contagiousness. (Measles is even worse on the contagiousness scale.) Stopping them is not at all a "both or neither" thing. That turns into a straw-man argument.

The partial measures we took in 2020, which very many people resisted or flouted, were enough to sharply reduce (but not fully eliminate) the spread of influenza, but were not enough to hold back the more contagious covid-19.

I'm trying to find real solid figures, but seem to remember that the minimum infective dose of measles is just a few virus particles, in the single digits. Covid-19 requires a hundred to a thousand, while various different strains of influenza require at least several thousands, many need tens of thousands, some taking millions of virus particles.

There is no mystery here about what happened, just a lot of intentional misrepresentation.

#5401 fuzzy1, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you mean hypertrophic cardiomyopathy? Athletes have been falling over dead from that, since forever, long long before covid-19. It killed a family friend about five years ago. It is also a somewhat common genetic condition in cats, and the most likely cause of death of our favorite cat nine years ago last weekend.

But how many athletics have died of this vaccine? Following the Dutch links, I haven't been able to absorb all of it yet. Skimming, it shows the Moderna vaccine has been linked to increased myocarditis and pericarditis, but also to decreased cardiac arrest or death. Possibly because the unvaccinated were still catching 'rona, which itself is linked to cardiac arrest and death:

upload_2022-1-18_20-17-10.png

"In their most severe forms, myocarditis and myopericarditis can result in chronic heart failure or death, and are important safety concerns. The biological mechanism is not clear, but the same adverse events have been attributed to use of the smallpox vaccine in adults."

"Clinical outcomes among vaccinated people with myocarditis or myopericarditis were predominantly mild. We observed no readmissions, diagnoses of heart failure, or deaths among people with myocarditis or myopericarditis occurring within 28 days of mRNA-1273 [Moderna] vaccination."

All indications I've seen are that these western-approved vaccines are still safer than catching the 'rona.

"Nevertheless, SARS-CoV-2 infection was associated with a 14-fold increased risk of cardiac arrest or death in the 28 days after a positive SARS-CoV-2 test compared with uninfected follow-up."

#5402 fuzzy1, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Raytheeagle and bwilson4web like this.
  3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Throughly agree!

Bob Wilson

4. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    lol !

5. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    we will never have numbers confirming which people were killed by it.

6. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    speaking of forgetting things like "what they said" I'm sure some people have forgotten these goal posts that were moved....

Screenshot_20220119-004456.png
    Screenshot_20220119-004456.png

bush said it best when he screwed up "fool me twice"

7. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You are not even remotely close to finding as many people who might possibly have been killed by the vaccine, as we are at finding people who very clearly did die from or with the Covid-19 virus.

Fighting over just which people died from Covid-19, or simply with Covid-19, mustn't be used to gloss over the fact that over 1,000,000 extra people (highlighted in yellow here) have died in the U.S. in under 23 months, compared to any similar time period in recent or any history.

upload_2022-1-18_23-26-58.png

8. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You are clearly forgetting the warnings in this very thread, nearly two years ago, long before any vaccines were rolled out to the public, warning of the possibility that both vaccine and natural immunities might fade very rapidly. This warning was based on observations of how rapidly immunities to the other coronaviruses that cause common colds must be fading away, based on how many times the average person must get each virus during his/her life.

The original numbers were based on very short term observations soon after the vaccines were applied. The rapidly falling effectiveness numbers in your illustration, simply reflect a realization that the earlier warning is coming true.

That is why frequent boosters are now needed. But the figures are still showing sharply lower death rates of the vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

#5408 fuzzy1, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  9. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    1 I know, that's the sad part.

2 yup, and those differentiators still matter ... from or with are very different.

3 it's not being glossed over, not at all. I'm pointing out the incredibly hard to find numbers are not accurate, not defined, and not definable, right now.

I'm actually agreeing with you

10. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  11. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    That source has historical problems with accuracy. But if it leads to more 'Darwin Award' candidates, no complaints from me. The sooner the silly take themselves out, the better ... apologies to overworked, underpaid, medical workers!

Bob Wilson

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if the vaccine could get you into heaven, who wouldn't take it?

13. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually?

Evidence might point the other way for those who are already sitting in the waiting room.....meaning NOT getting the jab may hasten the process.

14. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    From a credible source: Omicron Is in Retreat: 'What's Next?' - The New York Times

The latest Omicron developments continue to be encouraging. New Covid-19 cases are plummeting in a growing list of places. The percentage of cases causing severe illness is much lower than it was with the Delta variant. And vaccines — particularly after a booster shot — remain extremely effective in preventing hospitalization and death.
    . . .
    Since early last week, new cases in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey and New York have fallen by more than 30 percent. They’re down by more than 10 percent in Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania. In California, cases may have peaked.
    . . .
    Many hospitals are still coping with a crushing number of patients, because Covid hospitalization trends often trail case trends by about a week. But even the hospital data shows glimmers of good news: The number of people hospitalized with Covid has begun declining over the past few days in places where Omicron arrived first:
    . . .

"Less bad" but still a problem because only a handful of states are showing less growth. I'll continue to mask and social distancing,

Bob Wilson

15. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  16. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Still waiting here. Both hospitals in my county still showing 99% ICU fill. In one of them, 2 of every 3 of those ICU beds holds a COVIDian. (Average over the two hospitals still 58%.)

Average among all inpatient beds has dropped slightly (96%, wasn't it 98 last time I posted) but the proportion of COVIDians among those has risen.

bwilson4web likes this.
  17. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Exactly! The "less bad" news is not recovery to pre-Omicron days. Rather, we're seeing a few states where the growth has started to taper. But this begs a question about whether Omicron gives any immunity to previously known variants?

My understanding is Omicron is primarily an upper airway infection that does not readily descend into the lungs like the earlier variants. This suggests a more specific cell attack than just 'HbA1c' cell surfaces. But does having recovered from Omicron infection provide resistance to earlier variants?

The answer may take a couple of months to research.

Bob Wilson

18. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That article is comparing a single day holiday Monday to a non-holiday Monday. And mixing sources, comparing a JHU number this week (717,800) to a non-JHU aggregation the previous week (1.4 million), when JHU's daily numbers never topped 900,000. A great way to create spin out of thin air, and expected from NYP's history.

The less noisy JHU 7 day average is down only about 10%.

19. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    1 which source does not have issues with accuracy ?

2 you realize this means people are dying, right ?

3 people, dying, and you're celebrating ?

4 oh, there"heros work here!" again now ? I thought we were in "all of you need to be fired!" cycle right now ? which one is it, I can't keep up

20. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius