1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by tochatihu, Jan 26, 2020.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    correct

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    @Merkey thinks my shoes are too big

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides stringent travel and various lockdowns, we had a lot of required (or strongly suggested) testing and reporting here before. Now things have gone dark and it's pure guesswork whether going to market ABC will get oneself tagged. I know many people who are self isolating at home, with the sickest fortunately not being very sick at present.

Merkey likes this.
  3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    our son in law, fully vaxxed, is still recovering after a week. still no smell or taste. didn't get paxlovid, idk why

5. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    according to that article, you won't need pax

7. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    No pax we got quacks.

==
    According to National Health Guidance, I am advised to 'keep my spirits up". So there may be levity in posts. And invisible frackquakes in Midland TX. Which is in the middle of nowhere. Been there.

bisco likes this.
  8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    midland, tx rings a bell. maybe a book, or some home improvement show mrs b watches.

9. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Bushes grow there.

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  11. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We have an IM (internal medicine) neighbor who’s wife we are kind of friends with. She said they got COVID then tried it. The side effects are bad and they stopped recommending it to their patients.

12. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Some virus research scares me silly. Other may be essential for human enterprise to persist in this heavily altered world. I surely hope that people in the know are looking for a proper balance.

I doubt that ban it all approaches that, and would leave the barn door open wide for non-state players. Viral genomic modification tools have become available to many. To too many, it seems to me. I do not suppose we can 'treaty' a path to safety.

Extensive and expensive viral monitoring needs to be established ( I can almost say re established) to notice zoonotics and ill-intentioned playfulness at the earliest stages.

War this century will be waged well with mRNA and similar immune-instructives, and it may not be in our general best interests to have that expertise narrowly concentrated in for-profit corporations.

International treaties won't fix this. Next-House investigations of Fauci won't fix this. Humanity has drastically revised the landscape supplying what viruses need. Their response will be rapid. Our re response had better not be a whole lot slower.

13. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Indeed! Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons and delivery systems with a treaty:

After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Ukraine held about one third of the Soviet nuclear arsenal, the third largest in the world at the time, as well as significant means of its design and production.[2] 130 UR-100N intercontinental ballistic missiles(ICBM) with six warheads each, 46 RT-23 Molodets ICBMs with ten warheads apiece, as well as 33 heavy bombers, totaling approximately 1,700 warheads remained on Ukrainian territory.[3] Formally, these weapons were controlled by the Commonwealth of Independent States.[4] In 1994, Ukraine agreed to destroy the weapons, and to join the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT).[5][6]

And now, Russia has invaded Ukraine (the right-wing wet dream) in violation of that treaty. In short, we are in a time of Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) from biological weapons. Russia has proved unilateral disarmament does not work.

Bob Wilson

14. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I can’t agree with banning lab research, maybe trying to ban development of biological/chemical warfare. I think those have been already established.

One can compare our collective performance against COVID vs prior pandemics. While we aren’t passed COVID yet, compare it to the 1918 Spanish Flu and it sure seems like we have made advancements in lessening severity….

I mean even if more people have died due to COVID in the US than Spanish flu, Googling population says in 1918 US had 103 million and now currently 331.9 million.

#6254 jzchen, Dec 17, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    bwilson4web likes this.
  15. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow so tolerant, donkey!! Go ahead and report me...I reported you, donkey!!

16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  17. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    A better use of time and resources would be to look at those who advocated ivermectin, injecting bleach, and inserting UV light.

There are enough fake claims running around,we need to get todays liars.

Bob Wilson

18. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think schiff is abreast of all of it.

if you don't think we need to be better prepared for the next pandemic, idk what to say :unsure:

19. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    However one looks at the current state of thing around the world, there is some nasty sheet going on today, just as it's been going on though out our history on this planet. Maybe postmillennialism or postmillenarianism has the answer to the nasty sheet that's getting a fairly strong hold on many around the world. I wouldn't count on the rapture happening within my lifetime, but those younger than I might. And for the hawks that still believe our beloved country can do no wrong let me just site waterboarding during Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan. Does Ukraine hold any similarities to the former mentioned conflicts to anyone else, or is it just me?

20. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did you mean to post in the coronavirus thread? (n)