1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sat nav upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Nicoleta, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Nicoleta

Nicoleta New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How can I do the update for sat nav ? And how long you can drive only whit the electric baterry .

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Go to the Toyota-Tech Europe website then click on the owner tab and then select "Map updates":
    Toyo-Tech-EU-Owner-MapUpdates.png

Once you are there you will have to create a free account, if you don't already have one and log in.

These updates are pricy, €110.00 the last time I purchased them. I'm not sure you will find updates there for the 2006-2009 Gen II Prius, but what you are looking for is a 4 DVD set. None of the electronic download options will work.

The other option is to look on eBay for someone selling their old set, which maybe newer than what you have.

Not far, Don't try to force the car to drive in EV, more than it wants to, if you think driving in EV (using the EV button) will get you better economy–it won't, in fact probably make it worse. This is a ultra low emissions petrol vehicle, not an electric vehicle. If you let the car manage itself and you drive using normal economical techniques (that you would for any petrol car) you will get the best MPG. If the car wants to drive in EV well and good, but don't force it to.

3. Nicoleta

Nicoleta New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    it get's me around 2 minutes drive in ev and slow charge. I ll better find one dvd from eBay, online I tried. thank you

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. gta_

gta_ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Be wary of the DVDs on Ebay that are priced too good to be true. From my understanding there are a lot of fakes out there that do not actually work because they were just copied from a real one.