1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Satellite Radio No Signal Fix

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by imedrano, Apr 24, 2021.

1. imedrano

imedrano Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    just wanted to share an alternative solution for getting satellite radio working again. So the common issue for no signal is a problem with the antenna amplifier located in the rooftop base. I asked at toyota dealer and part is very expensive(over $300). You could possibly get another one from a salvage yard for about $60 with no guarantee that it was functioning from the donor car. What I've done on 2 Prius already is splice a Sirius xm car antenna from Best Buy ($30). The satellite radio receiver is under the driver seat. Unplug the sat wire and cut the plug( leave some length to strip) from the wire. Then do same for the new xm antenna. The new antenna wire is very thin with several layers but connect all the layers to the piece with the original plug that goes into the receiver. Problem solved.

2. WolfpackBill

WolfpackBill Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Where did you put the new antenna?

3. imedrano

imedrano Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Next to rooftop antenna

4. fireshot2394

fireshot2394 New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    I know this is an old thread but I found this thread through a search engine. I have a 2022 Prius Prime in Canada and we have had this issue since we got the car last summer. So far the dealer has been unable to fix this. I just found this thread and told them about it. I will update it with what happens with the dealer so that any future people looking for information can find this.