1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Satellite Radio takeover... Presets & Volume.

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Onlooker, May 11, 2023.

1. Onlooker

Onlooker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Technology
    The satellite radio seems to be taking over my presets.. If I select FM, and hold button down over each of the presets; they are changed;; but then next startup they are all satellite radio preset; and as I have no intention of ever subscribing for satellite radio all the channels set are 'unauthorized', except I guess a free one to get you to signup??

Anyway to disable satellite radio completely; force the presets to stay locked to FM channels they were set to... This might be part of another problem, I don't recall this issue before. Anyway to make the steering wheel up/down audio-preset buttons do seek forward/seek back instead?

Also my bluetooth connection to cell phone, when playing music the volume is about 1/4 as loud as typical FM radio for the 'max' volume level; am I missing something? Way to boost bt audio?
    2014 Prius v.

Regards

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Never heard of this one. The usual nag about the satellite source is the antenna amp fails and won’t capture or lock on to signal.

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    No on seek from steering wheel. Bluetooth acts that way for me as well with an Iphone. Increasing the phone volume helps.

Losing presets seems like an issue in the radio or perhaps with unswitched 12v to the unit. In the US there are at least three units so the model number bottom right might be useful.

This is one of them. IMG_0262.jpeg

Onlooker likes this.