1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Satellite radio?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mfischer2, Jul 22, 2009.

1. jim256

jim256 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    After you set the presets, your steering control buttons will go through the presets, not each channel. You can set 6 on each SAT band-- 1, 2, 3.

2. jangell2

jangell2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I was using the up, down arrows on the receiver itself, not the steering wheel.

3. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Worked the same way didn't it. Have the same arrows on both too. You will need to use the knob to tune other stations once your presets are in.

I would try and register the radio to start your trial. If the radio ha already been entered into the system it will just tell you so. Sounds like you have the dealer demo package activated. Of course if that gives you what you want I'd leave it alone until they cancelled it someday and then activate the trial. The trial will give you just about all the stations.

4. urlyadoptr

urlyadoptr New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Here's how it works on my III, no NAV:

The up and down arrows on the head unit scroll through the channels in the particular "genre" you're currently in - Rock, Country, Classical, etc. When you get to the highest channel in that genre, it goes back to the lowest and cycles through again. On the right side of the head unit, you can scroll through the different genres or styles, then use the arrow buttons on the left to scroll through the channels in that genre. The tuning knob scrolls through the channels in numerical order (one channel per click).

You can get the current XM channel guide here (I printed one out and stuck it in my glovebox):

http://www.xmradio.com/pdf/channel_guide.pdf

The guide groups the channels by genre (for the most part).

The arrow buttons on the steering wheel scroll through your presets. You get 3 banks of satellite presets (SAT1, SAT2 and SAT3).

Please convert your trial subscription when it's up so my SIRI stock will come back! :D

1 person likes this.
  5. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am done with satellite radio. The FCC was worried about the XM and Sirius merge becoming a Monopoly. That is what it has become. They do not care about the customer.

I have had Sirius since Howard Stern started. I pre pay for a year for service to save money. I am half way into a year of service. I called to transfer my account to XM for the Prius. That is not an option. I called to cancel my Sirius account and sign up with XM. They want $75 to cancel my subscription.

I am going to let my 6 months paid Sirius service go to waste and never use XM or Sirius again. Nothing like pissing off customers you already have.

6. urlyadoptr

urlyadoptr New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Did you try escalating the call to a supervisor? You would think they would waive the $75 cancellation fee since your're just switching from Sirius to XM. I know they're still pseudo-independent services, but it is, in fact, one company. Maybe if you explain to someone who can actually do something that it's far better for them to keep you as a paying customer and lose $75 than to lose you altogether.

Keep in mind that if you do switch to XM, you'll need to get the 'Best of Sirius' package if you want Howard. Not sure how much extra that is, but it is a premium service. Irritating, I know. :mad:

7. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It is $4 more a month for Howard on XM and I am ok with that.

I did ask for a supervisor and I sent emails to customer service. They claim that when I pre paid for a year I agreed in the contract there was a $75 cancelation fee. There is nothing they can do.

8. jangell2

jangell2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The slot radio thing sounds like a great idea, but if I understand it correctly, you have to buy a slotradio player. I'm always leary of proprietary formats. Do you permanently own the songs? If so, this would be an advantage over XM.

However, it seems to me that XM has as much if not more variety.

9. jangell2

jangell2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Finally tried activating the subcription and we already were and the 6 month subscription is correct. Thanks for the pointers on how to use the controls.