1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

satellite ready or not?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Sheba, May 21, 2015.

1. Sheba

Sheba New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    New Prius owner here, just purchased this Saturday. So far I'm totally in love.

I'm still slightly confused about which model/version I have, but I do know she is a silver 2011 prius. I think she is a 2 model but I'm not sue how to tell.

Anyway, my sales person mentioned that the car is satellite ready except for ordering the subscription, but now that I'm looking online I don't think that is true. Can anyone give me any more information?

I'm attempting to attach a photo of my dash/console.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Push AM-SAT, see what happens. I think it's only on higher levels, but not sure on that. If you do have it you should get ONE channel, an infomercial basically, regardless of having subscription or not. And I think it'll display some code that you relay to satellite provider when activating.

Also, sometimes they just unlock, for everybody, for a week or two. Ours is like that right now. Maybe 'cause we're more northward reception is kinda flakey, interruptions common when you pass buildings, or even trees.

3. Sheba

Sheba New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The only thing that happens is the AM radio comes on

4. se-riously

se-riously Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That button is used for satellite radio if you purchase a factory add-on satellite radio kit. However, you already have a satellite antenna installed. So if you want satellite radio, you're really better off changing the head unit because you'll get better sound in the process too.

And btw, you have a Prius 2. A Prius 3 would have a JBL stereo with CD changer and bluetooth as standard equipment.

#4 se-riously, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  5. Sheba

Sheba New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok thanks, that was my question..if it was satellite ready "as is", or if an additional item needed to be purchased