1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Satisfaction!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Leadfoot J. McCoalroller, May 31, 2022.

1. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    or, "I guess we will keep it?"

We got the title in the mail today; we have retired the loan on our Prius and it's all our fault now.

I think we spent $350 to use Toyota's money to buy the car. Seemed like it worked pretty well doing it that way.

Meanwhile the car is doing fantastic at ~58k miles and we hope to keep it until Toyota starts bringing in the 2nd generation models or beyond.

RRxing, ETC(SS), jerrymildred and 4 others like this.
  2. Pri3C

Pri3C Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats! 58k is still quite young for these cars, so here’s to many more trouble free miles in your future! I’m also crossing my fingers Toyota will bring the 2nd gen models to the states, but in the meantime we’ve got some driving to do ;)

#2 Pri3C, May 31, 2022
    Last edited: May 31, 2022
  3. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sweet, congrats!

Yeah I paid off my 14 in 19 never did the math, but the 0.9% was truly not even overthunk.
    Currently they are offering 1.75% for their loans, which is still easy money, think investment!

I personally am selling my 14 here soon. @56k mi Carvonka is such a sleaze! offer is just under $16k, when I paid ~$20k for it 8 years ago!
    I purchased a dual sport bike for the summer and I have a few months or more to decide on
    a cheap $2-5k corolla/camry/etc for the winter...but probably will go for a new corolla hybrid or perhaps another PP if available.

The Toyota Prius C.....In my own life on this earth, I think the absolute best vehicle ever made to date, ever! (yes, really)

roadrunner and Pri3C like this.
  4. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    That's great! Our 2012 Prius C is doing great. I love the thing. Unfortunately, my daughter is the one who has it now and will be moving to North Carolina this summer for graduate school....and will be taking the Prius C along with her.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  5. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Very high praise. Not sure I'm ready to match it but I'll say that the value proposition really stood out in a field of desperately overfeatured plastic noise.

We've proven to ourselves (more than once) that if we want to keep living where we live now, we will always need a small hatchback car. We might also want other kinds, and we'll remain open to different brands and energy sources but this Prius c remains ideal for today.

6. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes a best value, I agree!

I am a little smaller at about 5.5. I think that has added comfort.
    My kids are smaller too with sitting in the pass or rear seats. However, not too much as
    I used it mostly for commuting to work.
    I also have put unimaginable things in the hatch.
    Hauled bags of mulch, coal and coal ash at 400-500lbs many times over the years.

Serves/d me well.
    I am looking at all options always also.

I was saddened that the c was not a big seller and discontinued in the US, however
    we will see it back in its morphed state at some point in the future.
    Corolla Hybrid is a fine looking bit, but just not the same being a sedan.

7. farmecologist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II

I agree...I was really bummed when the 'next gen' Pruis C wasn't designated for the North American market. In hindsight Toyota made a bad move there considering how high fuel prices are now. However, I'm not sure they saw that coming at the time they made the decision. I suppose they could change their mind though.

If I recall...the 'next gen' Aqua / Prius C has some new battery tech as well, etc...

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I wish they bring back the Matrix configuration, with a hybrid powertrain. Especially the earlier years: when the rear seats were folded down you had this wonderful mini cargo van: a hard plastic floor, level from the hatch threshold to the back of the front seats.

3rd3rd and farmecologist like this.
  9. farmecologist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    Speaking of a flat floor when the seats are folded down, our 2004 Mazda MPV was the same way. With the 3rd row folded into the floor and the 2nd row seats removed there was an absolutely cavernous hauling area with a *flat* floor.

I went down the rabbit hole recently and looked into the new Sienna. I was astonished to fond that while the 3rd row seats do fold into the floor...they do *not* make a flat area. On top of that, the 2nd row seats are not even removable! What a freaking poor design by Toyota. Pretty disappointing.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  10. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, I think the events that caused fuel prices to jump were much too sudden for Toyota to predict.

I suppose there's a chance Toyota will re-start import of the c, but Americans aren't asking for fuel efficiency.

Isn't that the Corolla Cross? No clue if they got the seats the way you wanted, but I'm pretty sure this is the replacement they slotted in.

#10 Leadfoot J. McCoalroller, Jun 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    Mendel Leisk likes this.
  11. farmecologist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    Americans aren't asking for fuel efficiency...but many are being forced into it. Personally, I'm seeing fewer big rigs out on the roads these days. However, I'm sure they still have their trucks...but now also have a fuel efficient "daily driver"...(y)

12. Pri3C

Pri3C Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There’s a hybrid version of the Toyota Cross coming in 2023. I got a press release email about it from Toyota a couple weeks ago. No word on the actual fuel economy numbers yet. I’m disappointed to see a company like Toyota, who led the way with the hybrid, not making hybrids standard for some of their other models like they have with the Sienna. The Camry and Corolla should join those ranks too.

And the Prius C should come back rebranded as Aqua. There’s definitely a market for it right now. It’s got an extended hatch with more storage space, a bigger backseat, more acceleration power, 1500w of backup power, and looks to be getting around the 70-80 mpg the Japanese estimates gave it. With these gas prices, an affordable, extremely reliable, best-in-class economy car that gets that kind of mileage would sell itself.. Especially with zero new subcompact competition.

#12 Pri3C, Jun 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  13. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    From my point of view they're doing pretty good at bringing in hybrid versions of their cars. Not immediate, first or default yet, but I really think they are getting there.

I agree. I don't know how long it takes to get a car like that through regulatory approval in normal times but we don't even have those. It sure looks like fuel prices will be high for a while.

dig4dirt and Pri3C like this.
  14. Pri3C

Pri3C Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The Corolla hatchback is a good example of a car that should be a hybrid at or around the same 21-23k starting price. They have a hybrid option in Europe, but not in the US.. just the standard ICE 32/41mpg we’ve been seeing in cars like this for decades. I’m not a big fan of the Corolla Hatchback design, but it’d look a lot more attractive with some good fuel economy.

Glad we’re in agreement about the Aqua : ). I’d happily take it if it came back as a Prius C, but I think a rebranding would generate buzz and appeal to a broader market. There’s a bit of a stigma around owning a Prius for some in the US, and the C never really fit in with its bigger siblings anyway (it’s cuter ;) ). I think a lot of Prius owners panned the C as being the lower quality Prius, but now that it’s proven to be one of the most reliable models, we’re getting the last laugh.

#14 Pri3C, Jun 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    dig4dirt likes this.
  15. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It is pure supposition on my part, but I suspect the situation there is that they can only make so many of the hybrid version, so they sent them to where gas was expensive. Was...

dig4dirt and Pri3C like this.
  16. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My first Prius was supposed to be C, but back in 2015 they had Gen3 Prius Two almost at the same price as C. Needless to say, I ended up buying Gen3.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  17. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    60k this weekend. New air filter, new cabin air filter. Cleaned the battery cooling fan intake screen under the back seat too.

Pri3C likes this.
  18. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    4 time mini-van owner; currently hybrid Sienna and mazda 5. I wish they were more convenient but it's only four bolts and an electrical connection and they're out in under 5 minutes. The captains chairs design with super-slide+ottoman features are more useful IMO for most buyers. Stow-n-go type seats are thin. My biggest gripe with the new sienna's second-row seats are the poor cup holder locations.

19. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Also I ordered a set of touch-up paint pens. One disadvantage of the tangerine splash pearl paint. Nicks and chips take longer to fix properly with the 3d effect paint. But the car still looks amazing, so I keep fixing the paint...

Pri3C likes this.
  20. Pri3C

Pri3C Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    My 2014 came with a bunch of rock chips on the hood (+ 1 big rock chip since owning). The car was previously owned by a native tribal council, so I’m assuming it was frequently on rougher roads. Overall the paint still looks great and they did a good job with the touch up, but I may eventually have the hood panel sanded and repainted.

What do you mean by 3d effect paint?