1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SatNav versions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by SchtenGraby, May 17, 2019.

1. SchtenGraby

SchtenGraby New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've got a (UK) 2007 Prius...

On this page: Toyota Map Updates | Toyota Motor Europe

Toyota says that the Spring 2013 edition of the Toyota Navigation System includes the following countries:

"(1) Countries included in these data: Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (including Andorra and Monaco), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy (including San Marino and Vatican City), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia/Fyrom, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia (including Kaliningrad), Serbia, Slovak Republik, Slovenia, Spain (including Gibraltar and Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland (including Leichtenstein), Turkey, Ukraine and United Kindgom."

Unfortunately, the latest and the previous versions of the DVD (which is all Toyota UK will now supply) do not appear to have the following countries covered, which I need for a forthcoming trip:

Albania, Belarus, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine

Does anyone have any ideas how to source a (historic 2013?) DVD that covers these countries at all?
    Or any other (maybe non-Toyota) solutions to get them covered, if not?

Thanks a lot everyone!

2. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I would suggest a Garmin unit. Some come with lifetime map updates and then you'll have it for other cars as well. They are also much easier to use and have more information than the Toyota system provides. If you have access to the Garmin Factory Outlet Store in your country, refurbished units can be had for as little as $60 (US) and carry the same warranty as brand new. I'm sure you would have to pay for adding other countries to your maps but it still might be the best way to go.

That's only if you specifically want a separate unit for your travels. There a quite a few free apps available for cell phones that use very little data.