1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SavageGeese: Tesla Model 3 Review

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Tideland Prius, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Nice review even with some of his legacy attitudes. Of course a previous Prius owner, 2003, 2010, and 2017 Prime, being a "beta" tester is familiar.

Bob Wilson

3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Except being a beta tester for software usually was free and you received the stable production version for free as payment for your testing insights.
    Microsoft popularized releasing beta quality software as general release. They then progressed to releasing alpha software, not feature complete for paid release. :mad:

Mark57 likes this.
  4. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    He covered some ground not seen on most reviews which was nice. One of his gripes about distraction is understood and not new on many vehicles including the Prime, but he obviously had no clue nor did he ever mention about the steering wheel controls and the voice commands that work very well to keep your attention off of that center screen. As with most phones these days and the Tesla, there are two ways to do most everything. Pick the most efficient and least distracting for you.

One diff with Tesla about being a beta tester is they actually fix the software issues that are found and reported. I'm still living with irritants that were built into my Prime since day one and they'll still be there on its last day.

Sidebar . . . I still have my stack of 3.5" disks of Win 95 build 43g (first beta). It was the most stable release of any version of Windoz ever, because nothing was added to it yet. ;)

#4 Mark57, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    bwilson4web likes this.