1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

saw a yaris

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by iaowings, Oct 1, 2006.

1. iaowings

iaowings New Member

I saw a 4 door yaris today I really like that car. I looked in the cab and liked every bit of it from what I could see. Now if Toyota makes the yaris into a hybrid I would trade my prius in without a second thought. I really like the look of the car especially the outside, and the front end looks cool too. I wonder what the 2 door looks like. I know I can see it online but it is not the same. I think I might go to the dealer just to look at the car.

2. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IAO @ Oct 1 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]326620[/snapback]</div>
    When in France, we always rented a Yaris. It was small, compact, perfect for the teeny-weeny streets in some of the smaller towns in Provence. Plus it was easy on the gas - quite expensive in Europe - so quite a plus.

We did test-drive a Yaris before purchasing a Prius because we had fond, emotional memories of this car. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), the Yaris we test-drove before the Prius was a totally stripped down version of any car one would drive in the US (i.e. no automatic windows - try the crank).

For many people, the price will be right so there are many who will choose the Yaris over, say, the Focus (the stripped-down Ford). The bottom line is always the most important thing in the purchase of most expensive items.

We purchaed a Prius & haven't looked back. I can definitely see how people can purchase a Yaris & not look back. Toyota makes class vehicles & that's what counts.

3. iaowings

iaowings New Member

I had a Mini cooper before the prius and I loved that car. To me the prius is a little bit on the big side. I would have to have power windows, mirrors, and door locks. I am sure that would be available as an option. I just loved the size of the car and the interior design as well as the car certainly to me looks better than the prius. But I love my hybrid and will only go from a hybrid to another hybrid. I looked at the Honda insight but I do not like the way the hybrid system works and the fact that it cost the same as my prius with less features.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Yaris sedan is huge for a subcompact. It feels bigger than the Corolla. I prefer the sedan's centre stack with its triangular arrangement of the climate control knobs versus the vertical "traffic light" arrangement of the hatchback. It looks more elegant on the sedan. It also has something we wished we had on the Prius - a rear armrest that stops horizontally.