1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scangage stays on with car off?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by subarutoo, Sep 10, 2007.

1. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    On a couple of occasions I've noticed the scangage was lit even though the car had been shut off for some time. One night coming out of a wedding party I saw it, and thought maybe it was just something weird, (or too much Champagne) and let it pass. Last night (Sunday), the car has been sitting, parked, and "off" in the garage since returning from work Friday night. I went into the dark garage late at night, and saw the glow of the scangage in the dark car. The normal gage settings were on, with "0" for all values. H2O temp was about 91°. Anyway, I got the key, and cycled the power on and off, and after the normal 12 sec. or so, the scangage shut off. Does anybody have the problem of the scangage either not shutting off, or reactivating once the car is parked and off? I think its wierd, but so far no battery problems. Just wondering....

Also I've noticed the (Scangage) gas mileage is way off, like 110 trip average, when the car is really showing 50 something. Is there some kind of setup or reset I should do? I bought gas today, and did the Fillup "Done", and will check it on the way home tonight.

2. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ Sep 10 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]510202[/snapback]</div>
    I have seen these symptoms as well. I think that the Smart Key System may wake it up. Do you remember if you had a key with you when you went out to the dark garage? If not, I would definately try out trips to the garage with and without the Smart Key, and see if there is any correlation.

Since I assume you have the Scan Gauge set to Hybrid mode, any OBDIII activity at all will turn it on, not just engine running.

I was taking temperature measurements for a plot of EBH time vs water temp, and at first, I was turning to HSD system on to take each reading, but not letting the ICE start. Then, on one trip out for a data point, I noticed the Scan Gauge came on by itsef, but as I recall, the temp reading did not make sense, similar to your description.

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Sep 10 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]510223[/snapback]</div>
    Good question. On one time I had the key with me, definitely not last night, or at any time all weekend, since I parked the car Friday night. In my house the normal key location is at least 50 ft. away, so I don't think that is an issue. Wierd, though.