1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scangauge 2 won't connect

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by sbiddle, Apr 27, 2013.

1. sbiddle

sbiddle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I'm trying to move my scangauge from my 2002 prius to my new to me 2008 prius and the thing hangs at the "connecting...." Screen. I've tried both the regular cable and the special ISO only cable I used on the gen1 prius, I've tried all the CAN and ISO protocols. I set the type to hybrid. Set the data speed to slow. Still no luck. To make matters worse, it caused the red triangle to come on along with the CEL.

Has anyone else has similar issues? I emailed Linear logic about the issue but haven't gotten a response yet.

The car runs great with no other problems.

2. sbiddle

sbiddle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    To add to this post and provide a little more info, the CEL codes when the scangauge won't connect are:
    P0A1D
    Uo100
    Uo111
    Uo293
    I had no trouble clearing the codes using a different scanner.

Anyone else have this issue with scangauge II?

3. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
  4. sbiddle

sbiddle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, I've tried it every which way and I can't get past the connecting screen. I noticed in the referenced thread that folks were able to eventually connect and clear the CEL using the SG. Everything I've tried has been unsuccessful. The SG works fine in other vehicles so I'm concerned maybe it's an issue with the Prius?

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've been using my ScanGauge II on my 06 Prius for a few years. It works.

6. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    If the car runs fine and can connect to a different scanner then the car should be OK. Try disconnect the 12V for half an hour for the ECUs to reset and then reconnect the 12V. After that follow the initial setup procedure in the Scangauge manual carefully. Good luck!

7. sbiddle

sbiddle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I disconnected the battery for about an hour and tried connecting it again. No luck. Still unable connect. Up comes the triangle of death and the CEL. I then scanned the vehicle with my cheap non-scangauge scanner and it shows the same errors referenced in 2009prius's post which I've attached here. I cleared the codes and the display went back to normal.
    Obviously this is a CAN communication issue, but do I have any options to get this thing working correctly?

prius 2008 cel.JPG

8. sbiddle

sbiddle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sending the Scangauge in to Linear Logic for repair. Hope that fixes the problem!