1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGauge 4.05 problems on 2nd gen?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by cwerdna, Jun 20, 2011.

1. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    When I was having the corruption problem that you described, the workaround for fixing this was to reload the Default setup. This will wipe out all of your settings and you will have to re-enter all of your Setup information. You will also have to re-enter any XGauges that you have created.

It was a pain but it would correct the corruption problem. I am surprised that you are having this issue with 4.13 FW. I had mine upgraded to 4.12 and have not had a problem since.

2. Jason in OZ

Jason in OZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    i tried a factory reset, and it didnt work.

the factory reset cleared the main settings, but didn't clear any of the xguage info....
    i will update when i hear from linear logic.

3. Jason in OZ

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    thanks.

i have tried doing the load defaults option, this didn't fix it.
    it didn't clear the xguages i had entered. and i have no way to get to the second row of data on the TXD line,
    so i can't clear the data there.

tonight i noticed that it would turn itself off randomly too.
    even though it's set to hybrid mode and sleep on com loss. some random flickering of the backlight too....

anyway....

assuming i can get this fixed......

can i set the SG to display the following, all on one screen ?

upper right battery Volts (HV)
    upper left Soc (HV)
    lower left Battery Amps (HV)
    lower right cwt (water temp)

still cant figure out what will clash and what will not...
    all this is of course assuming i can get it fixed and working in the first place....

otherwise i have an expensive paperweight....

Jason.

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You should be able to display the four XGauges that you list above. I believe the issue with not being able to display certain data was an issue with earlier versions of the firmware.

Other than the shipping cost for you, Linear Logic is very good with the turn around time in repairing these units.

With the power on, try unplugging the SGII, wait a few seconds and then plugging back in to reboot the unit and see if this helps.

5. Jason in OZ

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    already tried the unplug thing too....(no good)

looks like this will have to be shipped back to them to re flash the FW.
    hopefully this will fix it.

seems like a bug in the software that will allow a user to enter data into what should be reserved memory for the SG2.
    im certain the gauge was working fine before i entered the xguage data.

once i get it back, i will have to be extra careful about what i enter, so as not to brake it again...

thanks for the confirmation on the gauges that i can display.

Jason

6. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sorry to hear about your issues with the SGII. I know when I was having issues and had to return mine for an upgrade from 4.02 to 4.12 it was a pain. I did not realize how much I monitored the data until I was without it. Once upgraded I have not had any further problems.

I really like my SGII now that it is problem free and mounted on the steering column, out of the way and hands free.

7. Jason in OZ

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    it's fixed !! :) ;) :) (y)

with a few emails to the super helpful people at linear logic, i have managed to fix the corrupted xguage !!!

linear logic was even ready to send me a new logic board if i couldn't fix it.
    top notch customer service, especially when i admitted that it was my fault that it was playing up...

[​IMG]

i managed to very carefully enter all of the xguage commands that i intend to use,
    and they are all displaying nicely, where i want them on the one screen.....

i guess it doesn't help when the data entry person (me) is very mildly dyslexic !

anyway, im very happy to say the least.

thanks must also go to those that helped in these posts. (y)

Jason.

8. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Glad to hear you were able to fix your problem without having to ship it to LL.

Linear Logic does have one of the best technical support groups that I have dealt with. They are very responsive to emails and have the quickest turnaround time for repair that I have seen. When I shipped mine the day that I was notified that they had received the unit, I received another notice that afternoon that the unit had been picked up and was being shipped back to me.

I hope you get as much service from your unit as I have gotten with mine.