1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGauge II Group Buy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Danny, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's Group Buy time on a popular Prius modification - the ScanGauge II.

Update: The ScanGauge II units are now available through the PriusChat Shop here:

http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/74

Here's some info for those who know nothing about it:

[​IMG]

ScanGaugeII - The 3-in-one Automotive Computer The ScanGaugeII is an extremely compact automotive computer designed to read and display information about your vehicle in real time.

Simply connect the ScanGaugeII to your vehicle through it's OBDII port using the included cable, turn the ignition key and the ScanGaugeII automatically connects to your cars internal computer - it's that simple.

http://www.scangauge.com/features/

ScanGauge's have a minimum advertised price policy of $159.95, but because we are such a large and active community ScanGauge has allowed us to drop the price by another $10, including shipping, if we have more than 50 people interested. All you have to do is use coupon code 'PCSG2' during checkout.

The units are now available in the PriusChat Shop!:

http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/74

I look forward to receiving mine!

2. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Why is it the group buy happens just after I go out and buy something individually? First block heaters, and now ScanGauges... :) If you do much stuff with cars, or just want to be able to read and clear codes, the Scan Gauge seems very worthwhile.

3. tdmalek

tdmalek Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Feb 19 2007, 04:05 PM) [snapback]392951[/snapback]</div>
    $149.95? Count me in.

4. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm in!

Will it fit in the compartment under the radio?

5. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Feb 19 2007, 11:23 PM) [snapback]393161[/snapback]</div>
    Yes it will. I have tried that. If you want to close the door, you will need to do something about the wire. Either unplug it, cut a notch in the door, cut a hole in the compartment or take the unit out of the compartment.

Until I got my CAN-VIEW, I put mine under the compartment with sticky backed Velcro. It worked fine.

6. rik

rik Junior Member

I might be interested. But can anybody tell me if ScanguageII will connect and download its info to my PC?

7. rmblaster

rmblaster New Member

count me in

8. bogeybob513

bogeybob513 rtc513

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Feb 20 2007, 02:23 AM) [snapback]393161[/snapback]</div>
    I drilled a 1/2" hole in the left rear of that compartment and pulled the cable up through it. The unit fits snugly inside the compartment of the 2006.

9. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm in. Let me know how to make it "official".

10. The Craw

The Craw New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I am interested. I read somewhere last fall that that in late '06 there was going to be an update that would enable downloading data from the unit to a PC via USB. Units for sale before something like October '06 needed to be sent in for the upgrade. I decided to wait to buy until after the upgrade was available however I haven't been able to find out if or when the upgrades took effect.

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sprague @ Feb 20 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]393248[/snapback]</div>
    I thought I had read somewhere that it could, but I just looked in the manual located on their site and couldn't find any mention of it.

Perhaps another ScanGauge owner can shed some light.

12. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here's the response I received from the manufacturer:

13. RBW111

RBW111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm interested. Can someone chime in on the practical usage of these? I like the geek factor, but what is the real benefit of having the added knowledge?

14. dzucc

dzucc New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allannde @ Feb 20 2007, 01:46 AM) [snapback]393167[/snapback]</div>
    Here is where I mounted mine. I would like to have mounted it higher on the dash, but, there was no good way of routing the cable. I opted not to mount it in the compartment under the radio because A: I did not want to drill a hole and B: you can't view it very well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G-IVSP Pilot @ Feb 20 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]393739[/snapback]</div>
    Also, I ordered another cable so that I can use this in my other vehicles ( $19.95 ).

Attached Files:

15. LarryRacies

LarryRacies New Member

Count me in too.

16. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RBW111 @ Feb 20 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]393555[/snapback]</div>
    I find it quite beneficial. First, for the extra engine parameters it provides. One of the Prius' few shortfalls is its lack of basic instrumentation like RPM, coolant temperature, and 12V battery voltage. Most of what I monitor with the SG is to help maximize fuel economy. See posts #3 and #6 in this thread for a description of what I currently have it set to display. Second, for the extra trip measurements, especially MPG. Third, it's nice to know I can read and clear OBD trouble codes, though I've never had to use it for that.

17. MSantos

MSantos EcoAccelerometry

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Count me in.

This will be my second SG-II! I had already bought one for my Prius, but for the price I can now put it on my HCH-II too. :)

Cheers;

MSantos

18. MPG > HP

MPG > HP Junior Member

I'm interested. Has someone started a list? Would it be possible to mount it next to the speedo, etc., gauges, so it's in line of driving sight? Is there a remote cable for switching between displays? Any more details about installing sensors, such as for oil pressure and temp? TIA - Gary, SoCal

19. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So far I count 10 people interested.

20. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Count me in. I'll check with other LIPOG members to see if others are interested.