1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGauge II Group Buy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Danny, Feb 19, 2007.

1. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Count me in please.

2. nimnifnof

nimnifnof New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 22 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]447453[/snapback]</div>
    I bought mine through the store. Took a long while to get here, but it finally did.

3. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RonH @ May 22 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]447360[/snapback]</div>
    Nevermind, I figured it out.

4. EfficiencyNut

EfficiencyNut New Member

How long did it take for you to get yours? I'd like to order one but I don't know if they have it all together or not. Let me know when things are running smoothly again.

5. nimnifnof

nimnifnof New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EfficiencyNut @ May 23 2007, 11:46 PM) [snapback]448812[/snapback]</div>
    It took mine about 3.5 nerve-racking weeks to get to me. The nerve-racking part wasn't so much the waiting, it was the no response to my emails and PM's asking about shipment info. I was only gonna wait a few more days before filing a complaint with paypal about it before I finally got a shipment email.

6. EfficiencyNut

EfficiencyNut New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nimnifnof @ May 26 2007, 10:36 AM) [snapback]450400[/snapback]</div>
    What's taking it so long to ship? Is there backorder? I'd really like to order one but would like to see it within a week.

7. tallisinn

tallisinn New Member

Count me in too!

8. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Bought mine from these guys for another vehicle and delivered in 3 days.
    Link removed by mod

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We were out of stock for a short time while waiting for more units from the manufacturer, but we have plenty in stock now. You can buy them straight from the Shop now:

http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/74

Or if you want to email me your email address to [email protected], I'll send you a Google Checkout invoice. All units are shipping via USPS and are normally arriving within 3-4 days of ordering.

10. EfficiencyNut

EfficiencyNut New Member

When using Paypal payment option the instructions include, "This is very important, Please click the Return to Merchant button on the final paypal page." I didn't see the button but then everything worked out great anyway. Thanks.

11. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

FYI: I recently got my SGII from Danny, and for some reason, there is NO BACKLIGHT. He's working with me on getting a replacement, but if anyone else has this problem (maybe there's a bad batch?) speak up.

12. EfficiencyNut

EfficiencyNut New Member

Yeah the one I originally got from Danny didn't have a backlight either. I called this number 888-433-5664 and they promptly sent me out a new one. They were very helpful and explained there was some bad soldering material used. It was pretty inconvenient though because in order to evaluate it I need to go through two tanks of gas. Although the utility of it is quite comprehensive I am concerned about the sturdiness of the unit. For a $150 I expected something made out of stronger more durable materials. I am hoping the backlight won't go out on the replacement later on.

13. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    what sort of improvement would it mean on my 53mpg trip? I do P&G a lot and have no idea about my ICE's efficiency other than the "brisk but don't floor it" acceleration technique, but even at the discounted price SG II is pricey

14. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  15. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EfficiencyNut @ Jun 8 2007, 01:27 AM) [snapback]457876[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, Nut. My replacement is on the way. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

16. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is it likely that entire batch that Danny just received has the backlight problem?

I'm rapidly becoming interested in this tool. :)

17. patcoghm

patcoghm Junior Member

Got mine from the group buy and this is where I put it.

Got mine from the group buy and this is where I put it.

Attached Files:

18. patcoghm

patcoghm Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kettledrum @ Jun 11 2007, 09:40 AM) [snapback]459541[/snapback]</div>

Quick reply to backlighting. Yes it must be a problem. I noticed the post about the backlighting problem as I have a problem, my left side light comes and goes. Thanks for the 888 number as I called and they have one on the way. I like it as it allows me to always have my selected data. You lose that information from the Energy monitor and consumption display when the MFD is changed to the map or audio display. So this is a great way to expand my information for best driving and economy while having information always on the ScanGauge II. The location I use from my previous post, had the least problems for installing and seeing. A simple eye movement is needed to see the display rather then eye and head movement for the location used below the radio. The cord tucks into the crack of the steering wheel and dash covers. I love it and I hope the replacement makes this a great device.

19. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I love my SG2. The only issue I have seen is that sometimes when I start my vehicle the SG2 turns on not in the gauges mode as I left it but is in the initial screen. Strange huh?

20. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

just placed my order!

can't wait to get it!