1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGauge II Group Buy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Danny, Feb 19, 2007.

1. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kettledrum @ Jun 11 2007, 12:40 PM) [snapback]459541[/snapback]</div>
    I guess I think I'm going to have to assume that this is the case and if I order one I'm going to have to send it back for a replacement. :(

So for those of you who have done this for the backlight problem, how does it work? You call them up and they send you out a new one and then you send your original back to them, or do you have ot ship yours to them, and then they send you a new one...? What happens.

Hard to think of buying something you know has a good probablility of needing to be fixed but I may do it anyway...we'll see.

2. LYLUVLY

LYLUVLY New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RBW111 @ Feb 20 2007, 03:38 PM) [snapback]393555[/snapback]</div>
    Where is the OBD II port located?
    Can you post a picture of the OBD II port?
    Thanking you in advance.

3. astroqb

astroqb New Member

4. LYLUVLY

LYLUVLY New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G-IVSP Pilot @ Feb 20 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]393739[/snapback]</div>
    Is there any way someone can post a jpg of the OBD II port?
    Are there pitfalls in connecting? I am peeking under the steering wheelo and on both sides
    and see nothing - but thats due to not knowing what to look for
    Thanks a bunch for the advicde
    lyluvy

dB

5. chronon

chronon Active Member

here and there aint be in frozen wasteland no mo..
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    do you still have ordering capabilities ?

or have stock for other inteersted parties ?

i'm debating on this scanmaster2 or a interface for a laptop
    ( i would have abigger screen and the all important data logging capability)..

6. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Feb 19 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]392951[/snapback]</div>
    I want one if it dosen't take more than months.
    [email protected]
    7063641581 home

7. astroqb

astroqb New Member

If you haven't counted me in before, you can do it now. PayPal charged me on the 25th of June. When can I expect delivery.

[email protected] B)

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Astroqb - you have a PM. Your order was on hold because of an address problem.

We have upped the group buy and have another 50 or so units in stock ready to ship, so if you're interested please either PM me with your email address and I'll send you a Google Checkout Invoice, or you you can purchase one through the Shop.

http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/74

9. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Jul 10 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]476179[/snapback]</div>
    Sweet,
    I paid for it on Saturday night and it arrived by 1PM on Tuesday. It kinda helps that Danny is only 80 miles from me. Lightning fast shipping Danny. Thumbs up. I love it. gonna go hooi it up now as I already read the PDF manual on this thing. Yeah.
    Thank you Danny.

10. astroqb

astroqb New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(astroqb @ Jul 8 2007, 10:30 AM) [snapback]475023[/snapback]</div>

11. cooper4x4

cooper4x4 New Member

Just ordered one through the shop for my '02 Toyota Tacoma. Thanks for the deal.

12. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

UGH! i'm soooo ticked! my backlight doesn't work! GRRRRRRRRRRRR i musta gotten one of the bad batch that so many on here have mentioned...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

13. Andre_PacPal

Andre_PacPal New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(D Rock @ Jul 10 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]476200[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting that your order has been filled so promptly. I paid for mine on June 19th and other than the standard email reply confirming that the order had been placed, I have not received any updates nor the product.

Andy

14. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

WOO HOO!!

ok... so last night i was miffed that my backlight on my scangauge didn't work.... GRRRRRRRRR thought we were going to have to pull the dash apart again to get out the cable... send it back.... wait to get the replacement.... NOPE!

called scangauge this morning... mentioned the bad backlight... they said they'd send out a new on... with a mailing label inside to return the defective one.... i just had to put the old unit back in the package and mail it back (with a note saying what was wrong with it so they wouldn't have to waste time testing it!)

he admitted they had a bad batch that some sensor or something gets loose if it's jostled (such as in shipping)...

no questions asked! no headache!

also.... as a bonus.... hubby wanted me to order an extra cable so that he could use the scangauge in his truck.... so i figured while i had them on the phone i would order.... they guy said that he believed i got a discount on the cable because of PC... checked... yeppers...... $5.00 off! so now i'm glad i had to call because otherwise i would have just ordered online and paid full price!!!!!

so a bad thing turned out to be a good thing!

soooooooooooooooo any of you who have or get a bad backlight one..... just contact scanguage direct (i got the 888 number off their website!!)

15. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ Jul 12 2007, 12:12 AM) [snapback]477323[/snapback]</div>
    This is exactly why I haven't ordered one yet. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ Jul 12 2007, 12:31 PM) [snapback]477548[/snapback]</div>
    This is good news, however.

So now I know what hoops I'm going to have to jump through to get a non-defective product. What I'd really like to know is does Danny have a bunch of these just sitting at home waiting to be shipped or does each order through the accessory shop just get forwarded on to the scangauge people and they fill the order directly? If it's the former then I'd be worried that all of the ones Danny has could be defective. Why order a product you know is likely broken?

At least I know the return process now. Thanks desertbriez!

16. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm in for One

17. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    HAs anyone put one on an Australian 2004> Prius. It's a little different to the US Prius.

18. priussoris

priussoris New Member

will this work on any make other than Toyota that has an OBDII connector?
    would like to use in the MotorHome also.
    thanks

Craig

19. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Jul 28 2007, 09:15 AM) [snapback]486653[/snapback]</div>
    Should work on any vehicle with an OBDII connection.

20. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kettledrum @ Jul 12 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]477734[/snapback]</div>
    the only reason i say go ahead and order is because you don't pay postage either way AND you get the PC discount! there's no postage to order from PC (and i do believe danny has them stocked, unlike other items that get send directly).... if the backlight doesn't work... you still get to use the scangauge until the replacement comes... they ship it no charge and send you a priority mail label to send the defective one back.... my biggest issue is going to the post office! :lol:

or you could just pay more and buy it directly from linear logic (but i'm too cheap for that!)