1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGauge II Group Buy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Danny, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Dude, the doc's reply says "regular" price, and PCShop also seems to agree with that. Not that $10 out of $160 is enough to stop me from buying it at regular price...

2. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Oct 12 2007, 03:48 PM) [snapback]524786[/snapback]</div>
    on the scangauge website, it lists for 170... which is the "regular" price I belive.

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Post #1 in this thread lists the price as $159.95 and states that a group buy takes another $10 off that... Don't argue with me about it anymore! :p

Anyway, if there is not enough interest to initiate a new group buy, I'm fine with buying it at the "regular" price of $159.95.

4. Cacti

Cacti Poleikleng

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Are the ScanGaugeII’s a target for thief when left mounted in the vehicles? Do most people make a practice of removing them from their vehicles?

5. LYLUVLY

LYLUVLY New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(poleikleng @ Oct 16 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]526509[/snapback]</div>
    It probably is very tempting for the thieves. Mounted, the way I did, its just a matter of unplugging the SG ii and throwing it into the glove box. But like most people, I forget to to do it. And my wife is probably not a good subject to have to do this 'small' step upon parking at the destination.
    Thanks for the reminder.

6. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(poleikleng @ Oct 16 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]526509[/snapback]</div>
    I mounted mine in the box under the radio. Close the box and nothing shows. All I did to mount it was drill a 38 hole in the back of the box and used a wire coat hanger to make a fishing line to pull the wire through. Piece of cake.

7. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bhaynnes @ Oct 17 2007, 09:11 AM) [snapback]526901[/snapback]</div>
    I put mine in the same place, only I drilled my hole from the bottom center rear of the box. Doing it this way took more time as I had to remove dash panels to get in there to drill. This way when I take the SG2 out, I can replace the felt cover and one would never know a hole was there. I believe placing the SG2 in this spot is perfect and can easily been viewed while driving. Close the box cover and the SG2 is hidden. The SG2 even has a perfect backlit color match for the Prius. It can even be made bright enough not to have to open the cover to read it.

8. burns_fisher

burns_fisher Burns

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Cool! Thanks to the folks that run PriusChat Shop. I screwed up the PayPal thing (did not hit the button to go back to the vendor after doing the PP info) but I got an email asking for the required info (address etc). I had to wait a bit while they were moving their office or something, but it was all pretty quick after that.

Anyway, I'm thinking about mounting mine right above the steering wheel shaft. That's where I had the readout from my 02 Prius and I got used to it.

So the Prius-specific Xgauge items are only battery V and state of charge, right? Might there be more on the way? How do you (Danny and the ScanGauge folks) even figure out what is available on the bus? What I really liked on my 02 readout was battery current. You could really see how much the motor and brakes were pulling from/pushing into the traction battery.

Thanks!

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burns @ Oct 21 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]528554[/snapback]</div>
    Attila Vass figured out most of the stuff available on the CAN-bus. I'm not sure why Scan-Guage doesn't display more of that data...I'm sure it's a technical thing. Some of us have the CAN-View and have access to battery current and a plethora of other stuff.

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We had to change the price on the PC Shop to reflect Linear Logic's minimum pricing guidelines. I've been working with them and we've come to an agreement to allow the use of a coupon code to take $10 off the $159 price.

So, from now on if you would like to receive the special $149.95 price, use coupon code 'PCSG2' during checkout. It should take $10 off.

If you purchased your SG for the $159 price and would like your $10 refunded, use the Contact page on the Shop to email Nichole asking her to submit a refund to you. Feel free to consider your $10 a donation to the site :)

We do currently have about 70 SGs in stock and ready for same-day shipping if purchased before 2pm EST.

11. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    does the SGII give information on amps regenerated from braking?

12. mitgrandis

mitgrandis New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Oct 24 2007, 12:54 AM) [snapback]529333[/snapback]</div>
    I am new here and like to buy one SGII. Can you advise roughly what is the shipping weight of one SGII which will allow me to determine which USPS services use?

13. burns_fisher

burns_fisher Burns

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob64 @ Oct 24 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]529585[/snapback]</div>
    That was my question above (more-or-less). The battery current is a more complete form of regenerated current since it also shows the battery outflow when you are not braking. In any case, the Xgauge codes for this are not posted. However, as you see above, it must be available since the CAN-View can display it. So there is hope, unless that data is in a form that can't be encoded in the Xgauge codes or something.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitgrandis @ Oct 24 2007, 03:48 AM) [snapback]529601[/snapback]</div>
    I don't remember that there was a choice of specific shipping methods, although I may not have gotten to that page before I messed up (did not get back after the PayPal page). Nichole figured out how to get it to me anyway. It's not very heavy; she sent mine Priority Mail (i.e. first class for packages), and the shipping time was pretty quick.

14. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Please can anyone tell me if scangauge works on Australian released Prius? If they do I will get one.

15. mitgrandis

mitgrandis New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burns @ Oct 24 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]529625[/snapback]</div>
    Shipping cost within USA will be minimal and fast. What I actually mean is if SG2 can be shipped to Singapore, my relative address, which I will pick up from him on my next visit in week of Nov 10. I am from Brunei Darussalam, South East Asia, and SG2 will be subjected to 20% custom duty tax if send directly to Brunei through airmail parcel.

Can Danny advise what will be the shipping cost to ship to Singapore and what USPS service will be used. OR alternatively, let me know the shipping weight of 1 SG2 and I can work out the shipping cost and choice of USPS service to be used that meet my budget throught USPS website. My aim is to keep the cost down/minimal.

Let me know

16. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Shipping weight is 14 oz. We don't typically ship internationally, but if you are willing to pay for the additional shipping/handling, I think we can work something out.

17. mitgrandis

mitgrandis New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Oct 25 2007, 11:55 PM) [snapback]530279[/snapback]</div>
    USPS International Services

Rate charts and complete information for Singapore

Mailing Services / Estimated Delivery Time / Post Office Price / Online Price

Express Mail® International 5 Days $27.00 $24.84
    Priority Mail® International 6 - 10 Days $18.50 $17.58
    First-Class Mail® International Varies $10.10
    For parcel up to 1 pound (16 oz.)

USPS USA Domestic Services[/color]

Mailing Services / Speed / Price
    Express Mail® Overnight to most areas $19.50
    Priority Mail® 2 days 4.60
    For Parcel up to 1 pound (16 oz.)

Danny, 14oz. is 2oz. short of a pound. Correct? Given that you absorb the postage charge, which I reckon at around $4.60 for each unit of SG2 send domestically, Priority Mail International to Singapore cost $18.50.

To take things forward I am willing to pay additional US$15.00 which will make total payable to get the SG2 from your end at US$164.95 (i.e. 159.95 less discount of 10.00 plus 15.00). If you can agree to it, I will proceed to buy and I have paypal.

Do I have to go through Prius shop to buy or you will sent me an e-mail to complete the transaction. I have not use Google checkout before and if possible I will like to stay with paypal. Let me know.

18. mitgrandis

mitgrandis New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Oct 25 2007, 11:55 PM) [snapback]530279[/snapback]</div>
    Danny I can now use Google checkout which I note is your prefer matter of payment. So do we have a deal at US$164.95 shipping by USPS Priority Mail International.

19. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Any news on getting extra SG2 cables?

20. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Since I can't seem to get a reply from Danny about buying an extra cable I looked elseware. I got one for $10.95 plus $2 for shipping. What a deal!