1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGauge II Owners! Individual tire TPMS data!

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Mark57, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    You'll have to add the codes specific for your vehicle yourself as a custom X-GAUGE. The codes are on their web site by vehicle type. X-Gauges.

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Mark. I thought that was what you were saying before, but after reading your old threads about sending in the unit to have it programed, I got confused. I will try adding the codes myself when I receive the SGII.;)

Edit Added: Looking at the linked page, many of PRIME specific X-Gauge codes only works on the latest firmware ver 4.52. I will have to make sure what I receive from Advance Auto is up to date on the firmware first.

#22 Salamander_King, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If you're new to XGauge entry, there's a video that's very hands-on, really explains it well. And of course I can't find it. It says something in the title like "crappy video for xgauge entry". It's anything but crappy though. Maybe someone else recalls the location, or has other suggestions. It is explained in the ScanGuage manual, but like most manuals leaves a lot to be desired.

If you just battle with it you will eventually figure it out, but it's pretty much guaranteed to not happen the first time.

4. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. Oh, well, I tried knock-off version of Techstream and it did not happen the first time, and I gave up. I hope this one goes better. :(

5. Diemaster

Diemaster Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    i kept getting check engine lights in the soul when i had it. what worked for me was changing the refresh form high to medium or low. like one member said on here, on high, your overtaxing the computer; information overload. let the computer run the car and "every now and then" update the scan gauge.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, I received ScangaugeII today. One question, is there any way to connect the ScangaugeII to some external power source other than OBD2 port on the car to fire it up? Or do I have to sit in a car for the duration of time using the ScangaugeII? I would much rather sit at my desk or table while I go through the user manual and see various display on the gauge than sitting in cramped car seat with dimly lit cabin light.

7. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, suffering is the right of passage. No way around that I'm aware of.

Salamander_King likes this.
  8. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was afraid you would say that. :(