1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGauge II stalled at "Connecting..."

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Teddy76, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Teddy76

Teddy76 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought a SG2 from scangauge.com. Few days later, it arrived by mail from Greece. Hooked up to my 2008 (might be a 2007 model) European GenII Prius. I think I have tried most of the suggested troubleshooting actions but no luck so far. I have tried all the modes, fuel type is set to Hybrid, etc. etc.

Is there a guide for dummies that I can go through to get it working? Like try X, if that doesn't work try Y etc...

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    As I recall the engine has to be running to get the Scangauge to connect the first time. After that it stays connected, even when you shut the car off. I think it works best if you plug it in after the engine starts, but I've only had to "connect" a few times, so I may not be the best person to advise.

3. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    It is sufficient to just be in "READY" mode when you plug in the ScanGauge. The ICE need not be running.

JeffD

4. Teddy76

Teddy76 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Found the fix! :)

It seems to be an issue with the back plug. I connected the cable to the side instead and it connected right away. The pins on the back connector looks ok but one does not go fully back when the plug is removed (it was like that from the beginning).

Guess it's time to get in touch with the seller.