1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scangauge or Torque App?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by FinsUp99, Dec 29, 2012.

1. enormiss

enormiss New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Needed to add *(9)/(5) in front of the +40 to get F

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I always thought it was ( *(9)/(5) ) +32
    0C is 32F.

3. enormiss

enormiss New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Could be, have no idea what the 40 even is. I found that equation searching around and both it and the original one that displayed C had 40

4. mroberds

mroberds Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, all!

I recently needed to make Torque Pro talk to my 2001 Prius. In doing that, I think I found a couple of corrections for the PID files that have been posted here.

I downloaded one PID file from earlier in this thread (post #88 on page 5) and another one from user kutasg on Github. I haven't tried all of the PIDs in those files, but I did try several of the traction battery ones. (I'm too new to post links to those files, even though I have them.)

First correction: I tried the "battery block N voltage" entries, which show you the voltages of every 2 modules in the traction pack. I found that the values for battery blocks 2 through 19 were at least plausible when displayed in Torque Pro - something on the order of 15,500 mV. However, the voltage for battery block 1 showed only 15 or 16 mV. I thought it was possible that my first two modules were more or less a dead short, but not likely. On further inspection, I think there is a mistake in the formula for battery block 1 only, in both files.

The line is:
    Code:
    Bat Battery Block 1 Voltage,V01,01A4,(256*A+B)/100,0,20000,mV,84D5F1
    The line should be:
    Code:
    Bat Battery Block 1 Voltage,V01,01A4,(256*A+B)*10,0,20000,mV,84D5F1
    Note that "/100" has changed to "*10".

With this change, the voltage for battery block 1, at least on my car, reports a similar value to all the other battery blocks.

Second correction: Both files have an entry for whether the MIL is on or not, that looks like this:
    Code:
    MIL illumination,MIL,0101,({A:7}),0,1,,8410F1
    At least the current version of Torque Pro (1.8.202), and a slightly older version (1.8.18x or 1.8.19x - don't remember exactly), don't know what to do with that "({A:7})" syntax - they claim it is an error. Unfortunately for the file from the thread here, that entry is the first one in the file, and Torque Pro seems to give up on parsing the whole file when it hits an error. I don't know whether that might have been a valid syntax for an older version of Torque Pro, or some other scan tool.

My "fix" was to delete that line from the file entirely, so I could use the rest of the PIDs. That seems to work OK, but of course then I can't access that PID.

I get the impression that both of these CSV files were generated from a PID database that's in another format; if someone can either point me at the keeper of that database, or show this post to that person, that might be a good idea.

Thanks!

5. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    One of the moderators here like @Tideland Prius could correct the posting here. By posting this he has been notified.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don’t have access to that database. hopefully @Jeff F sees this and. An update the code.

Prodigyplace likes this.