1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGaugeII work on 2010?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by taxachusetts, Jun 29, 2009.

1. JohnPE

JohnPE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ahh..you are absolutely correct! Thanks. I looked up a later version of the PSD equations and it showed a different (correct) multiplier for Gen III MG2 speed vs ground speed. The nomograph is a bit confusing on this point...

2. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The animated graphics should show the reduction gear set.

Ken@Japan

3. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where did you find the genIII PSD simulator?

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ken,

What animated graphics are you referring to? Can you send a link?

I am referring to the animated graphic (or better term may be simulator) showing the PSD and where you can move sliders for car speed and MG2 speed and it shows the resulting MG1 speed. The ones that I have seen available have only been for the Gen II.

Dwight

5. GreenJuice

GreenJuice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone using the Fuel Level (litres) XGauge?

I've just tried it with a half tank indicated and it gives a strange result of 839
    Changed the MTH to make it Fuel Level (US Gallons) and got a figure of 5.4

Can anyone help with the MTH?

Also, if the US Gallons figure is correct, it seems to be measuring to a 'zero' which is about 2 gallons more than actual zero. Would anyone agree with that assumption?

Thanks!

6. DetPrius

DetPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have watched this gauge and I am one who tops off until I can't pump any more gas in and I usually run it down to a gallon or less. I can tell you that when the tank is full the FLV XGauge only goes up to 11.4 gallons and when the tank is nearly empty the FLV XGauge only goes down to .7 gallons.

7. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Hi GreenJuice,

I left a visitor msg. with Adrian about the error last year but he didn't reply.:confused:

XGauge TXD RXF RXD MTH NAM Notes
    1 Fuel Level (Liters) 07C02129 046185290000 2808 000500010000 Flv x.x Liter

From the Repair Manual, this should correspond to the 10-segment fuel level display on the combination meter. The 10th segment is about 39.6 to 45.0 Liter and the 1st segment is about 6.1 to 8.4 Liter. 2nd segment to 9th segment is about 3.9 Liter each.

Vincent

8. GreenJuice

GreenJuice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks DetPrius and Vincent.

Looks like this gauge is a numerical equivalent of the 'pips'. The SGII 'Tank to Empty' built in trip computer may be a better guide for those wanting to use more of the available fuel in each tank.

Dear Vincent, I hope you don't think this is impolite, but do you post your collection of Prius XGauges somewhere?

9. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have been trying to get the gallon version working on my new 2012 four and get no reading at all. My Scan Gauge was recently updated to 4.06*. I have RPM, Engine Temp, SOC, and Flv in the display. Changing SOC to one of the other built-in gauges has no effect. The values for Flv I am using are:
    Fuel Level (US Gallons): 07C02129 046185290000 2808 13880EC90000 Flv

Any ideas?

10. DetPrius

DetPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Those are the values I am using. I don't know my firmware version but it is 3.something, maybe 3.17? Could the FW updates have broken something along the way?

11. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have 4.05 and using the same parameters as above and mine seems to be working fine.

12. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm wondering if the problem is a change in the 2012 car itself? I'll have to try a bunch more of the gauges and see how many work.

13. GreenJuice

GreenJuice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If it helps at all:
    I have a 2011 Prius and two SGII, one with firmware 3.15 and the other with firmware 4.06.
    The Flv (US Gallons) XGauge works on both SGII

I changed them back to Flv (Litres) using Vincent's correction on both of them and these also work.

I also manually calculated the conversion between Litres and US Gallons and the answers were the same.

14. GreenJuice

GreenJuice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anyone know if there is a likely XGauge for the Radiator Fan?

My understanding from reading this post is that a radiator fan drive request is the ECU when the inverter coolant temperature hits a certain level. The same ECU also monitors the MG1 & MG2 as well as the DC-DC Converter temperature sensors.

I'm thinking that monitoring the Radiator Fan signals might serve as a proxy for high engine, inverter, MGx and other temperatures and used as part of any aggressive grill blocking strategy.

I know spring is nearly upon us in the Northern Hemisphere, so could this be an idea for next winter...?

(I suspect the answer will probably be 'no', as someone will probably have already thought about this by now!)

1 person likes this.
  15. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Does this same process work on the Gen III, using the Gen III XGauge set? I am looking for the Cliff's notes version of how to disable the reverse beep on a 2012 Gen III. Thanks.

16. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes I have a Gen III and that is what I used to write the procedure. Howerer my Gen III is a 2010 and although I wouldn't think things have changed in that respect with the 2012 I don't know for sure.

17. managerman

managerman Prius v Nerd

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Is it possible to see the actual tire pressures for each tire on the scangauge...I would assume that the computer must monitor the pressure readings to activate the warning light in the event of a tire having low pressure??

-M

18. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    In the hatchback versions I understand that the TPMS computer does receive individual pressures for each tire but it only puts out an alarm if any one of the four is low. So as far as I know the individual pressures never appear on the ODB. I am not sure about the Prius v or c.

19. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Not with the current ScanGauge firmware. The TPMS ECU is on the KWP bus, and the ScanGauge doesn't support Toyota's implementation. The data that you can see is all on the CAN bus.

1 person likes this.
  20. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Ok, now I am confused.

I entered the first value and then pressed ok. When I go to edit to enter the second value, all I seem to be doing is replacing the values in the first string. And I never see anything that says save.

Can someone really, really dumb this down for me?

I have a Scangauge II with Xgauge, so I think I have everything I need except for some more detailed instructions.

Thanks, in advance.

iPad