1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGaugeII work on 2010?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by taxachusetts, Jun 29, 2009.

1. c4

c4 Active Member

Thanks Ken.. I saw the 9/5 conversion and then -40 in both strings and it didn't make sense at first glance.. Now why do you suppose they did things this way? It doesn't really save any math operations in terms of unit conversions.. Does it perhaps have anything to do with the system being able to start operating in hybrid mode once the engine reaches 40C, as this would give it a zero point... I have trouble believing it has anything to do with the -40F = -40C thing, as the US market is the only one that uses F, everyone else in the world is metric..

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The temperature range of the coolant sensor is -40 to 120 degrees C. This is the reason for the -40C offset. If the sensor range was 0 to 160C then you would not need this -40C offset.

Ken's math is correct.

3. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Hi c4,

You are not the 1st person to ask both these questions and I'm certain you will not be the last. See my post #317 & #319.

Vincent

4. m-wat

m-wat New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    another thanks for giving the how-to for this... did it to my car and the wife's car. so much better!

5. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone who knows the answer to my question might still be reading it.

When I first setup Xgauges on my SGII in my 2010 Prius (later moved to my current 2015) I recall I had a gauge named 'uCh' for 'usable charge' - a display of percentage of battery capacity that spread the usable state of charge out so that when it got to '0' that's when the engine would start to run to recharge (different than the 'SOC" gauge which shows the true state of charge which never goes below 40%).

I recently had my SGII firmware upgraded (thanks Linear Logic!) and lost all my old Xgauges, and now I can't seem to find the details on the uCh gauge settings. I'm pretty sure that's what I had rather than the straight SOC - does anyone else remember that Xgauge and still have the parameters for it?