1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

scanguage II firmware update

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by boppo, Mar 5, 2013.

1. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I hope I put this is in the right place.
    Has anyone sent their scanguge back for the 25.00 upgrade to version 4.02?
    If so was it worth it?
    Thanks

2. pjc

pjc Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I did the upgrade (I got it for free). I would almost like them to downgrade me back. But I think I am having more problems than are expected (see note at the end).

Pros:
    • Supports more XGauges, like inverter temps, HV Fan speed, setting HV Fan speed, etc.
    • You can use simultaneously XGauges that use the same TXD (such as HV current and battery temp).
    Cons:
    1. It is a lot slower with gauge updates. Even on the fast setting, mine only updates active gauges once every 1-2 seconds. Even passive gauges only work sporadically, with 1-2 second delays in between a burst of fast updates. Very annoying.
    2. Entering XGauges is problematic with sometimes the gauge getting corrupted, especially if you try to edit it later or copy it.
    3. I'm having a problem with it cutting out on me at higher speeds (>45 mph).
    After emailing Linear Logic, they think it is related to #2 above and to send it in for another upgrade (to version 4.12). They think this will fix #2 and #3 above. Given my problems, I cannot rule out that #1 isn't related to #2, either.

Unless you have a specific need/want, I would stick with v3. Newer is not always better.

3. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Pjc,
    Thanks for that info, I hope. You get yours fixed. Let me know if you do.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My unit was upgraded as I could not program the x gauges for the inverter temps. (Others with the same firmware had no problems so it may have been me.) I have not had any issues with the unit over the 5 or so years I've had it.