1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scanguage questions

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by elendilmir, Dec 15, 2011.

1. elendilmir

elendilmir Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    I am thinking about picking up a scanguage for my '02. The care is getting on in years, and I'd sort of like a better look at what is going on with it.

I've been rooting around the forums for a bit, and most of the scanguage questions are pretty specefic. Is there a "scanguage for dummies" thread that would discuss what they can do, what codes mean, and that sort of thing?

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My advice would be to go to the Linear Logic website and review the ScanGauge II documents. I believe the Owner's Manual is included on this site and it does a very good job of explaining how to set it up and program XGauges.

3. Sabby

Sabby Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had similar concerns and questions before purchasing the scanguage. Much of the needed functions are available immediately upon plugging in and answering a few questions and settings per the manual. (engine size, fuel tank size, noting it is a hybrid)

Once it is set up and working you can try a few X gauges which are pretty straightforward once you have the unit in front of you and are using it.

As noted by jdcollins the manual and quick start guides are available on line. Take the plunge and dive in with it. It provides good information and makes, for me, the driving experience more enjoyable.