1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scared some Pedestrians today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by abq sfr, May 10, 2007.

1. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pkittie @ May 10 2007, 10:39 PM) [snapback]439667[/snapback]</div>
    I've heard that blind people have more sensitive hearing. My friend's cousin (blind from birth) does.

2. kayemarschke2

kayemarschke2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ May 10 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]439662[/snapback]</div>
    How about a recording of some one saying right. left. right. left. Then slowly speed it up and hope they do too!

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ May 12 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]440779[/snapback]</div>
    My wife (became totally blind at 19) didn't. She couldn't hear a friend's Prius sneak up on her.

4. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ May 13 2007, 11:56 AM) [snapback]441144[/snapback]</div>
    She probably could, if it weren't for all the other noise pollution in the environment. I strongly suspect that if other noise were not present, she wouldn't have any trouble hearing the noise of the tires. They aren't that quiet. I can hear them from inside the car when I'm in EV mode.

We shouldn't have to be worrying about how little noise the Prius makes, but how much noise everything else makes.

Dave M.

5. Sleeper

Sleeper New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmckinstry @ May 13 2007, 11:58 PM) [snapback]441231[/snapback]</div>

I completely agree. My cat does too. He's in stealth mode all the time.

6. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Here's a couple of MP3s that I put on a CD. It's fun to open all the windows & turn up the stereo. I haven't tried it yet, but they should make good stop light music...

<<edit>> Well, I tried to attach the sound files for a Corvette and a Harley idling. Doesn't seem to have succeeded. If someone can tell me where/how to upload the 2 MB files I'll try again.

7. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmckinstry @ May 13 2007, 02:58 PM) [snapback]441231[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed! Same issue with large cars. Folks buy big cars because they wouldn't be safe in a smaller car (they feel). The problem isn't the small cars. The problem is all the other big ones trying to kill you.

8. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 13 2007, 07:44 PM) [snapback]441388[/snapback]</div>
    And I agree with that. I'm certain that Daniel and Allan will agree with you as well. Nobody should be driving a vehicle larger than they actually need. Well, I can't say that in all honesty, because sometimes I drive the Prius when I'm the only one it it. However, the Prius is the only vehicle I own now. But that's not as bad as driving a large pickup or Hummer with only one person in it and no load to speak of.

Dave M.

9. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well it happened again! A group of ~12 year old girls were walking along the sidewalk at the park, the same direction I was going. The one closest to the street dashed into the street without warning just as I was coming up on them. Her friends screamed at her, she tried to change direction and run back but slipped and fell in the middle of the street in front of my car! Fortunately I was gliding slowly. I'm definitely going to buy a Wolo Record-A-Horn. Maybe I'll program in "LOOK OUT!" in morse code (yes I'm a ham). Will get pedestrian's attention without making them mad. Twice in a month is too often to be by chance.