1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scary Situation Brewing in the Middle East...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Jan 26, 2006.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I'm beginning to see the entertainment value of these, er, discussions :D

2. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

I'm not going to pretend that I've even glanced at most of the 218 posts on this thread.

my $0.02:
    I don't believe for a minute that this will happen but, IMO, the quickest and surest way to peace in this region is for Israel to return to its legal, internationally recognized, 1967 borders.
    This is the reasonable and just solution the US should be pressing for.
    All other obstacles to peace in the region would quickly fall away (or we could just have 30 more years like the last 30).

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

The art of an emotional argument is a lost one in this day and age. Most people shy away from confrontation and 'uncomfortable' situations. ;)

4. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I used to argue like that a lot. I took Logic in college even though everyone told me I'd hate it because there's too much math and I aced the darn class. I'm good at arguing but it takes a lot of energy and time and if the person you're arguing with isn't listening, it's a waste of energy and as you probably know by now, I'm really in to conserving energy :)

5. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    no question, but as we all know on one level or another, what's reasonable doesn't seem to matter in the middle east. Both sides are adamant that being reasonable is for the other side to come crawling on its hands and knees and that's just never going to happen. There's way too much emotion in the middle east and little apparent rationality and that's why the middle east makes so many people so worried. That's why countries from all over the world told us NOT to go and invade Iraq. :)

6. Mystery Squid

:lol:

In my case, I was the only weirdo to enjoy "Public Speaking"... :lol:

7. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

Malron, "worlds bully" you said so, I never did, at least not in that context. You assume that any war waged by our government is justifiable and ALL high-ranking officials are always infallible, walking perfect human beings. Again for the record I have stated before and will state again that removal of Taliban was justifiable.

Malron, I am very gracious of my freedom and I cherish it immensely. Having ability to voice my opinions is how my freedom is manifested, apparently to your dislike and approval. Please don't throw the barrage of anti-patriotic epithets at me as I see them coming. I'm trying to address all your points to the best of my ability even if they are unsatisfactory to you. I wish you could just only reciprocate in the same manner.

8. mitchbf

mitchbf New Member

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the
    Union Address fall in the same week. As Air America
    Radio pointed out, "It is an ironic juxtaposition: one
    involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a
    creature of little intelligence for prognostication,
    and the other involves a groundhog."

9. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I wish you could present ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE in this thread where you had a reasonable and pertinent information.

"REAL ACTION" laughable, if that would be the case why all the politicians pay so much attention to all polls and re-adjust their platforms according to which ever way wind blows, let me guess they just want to check out what resonates outside of reality.

I stand corrected on that one, although there were two entities of supporters being discussed, one being military (coalition of the willing) and second one was pertaining the populous at large in all countries giving us a so called quite support, and my statement was pertaining the latter.

Since it's obvious that I'll never have access to any so called top secret government "classified information" to support my opinions, I declare you a constant winner on all debates from now on.

Now I can gladly resort in observing you thumping your chest.

I'm sure others will miss this genuine entertainment :lol:

10. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Mystery Squid

:lol:

How do you like it? I just gave back to you, what you gave me regarding the 50% coalition argument. :p

That's the point. How can you go around making firm arguments without a really good total and complete picture? My issue with you is you've made various strong assertations on various topics whereas I choose to delay, less radical at that, judgment. It seems you make judgment calls based on various data you've acquired, but in a lot of what I've read from you, these judgments are based on what appears to be a single perspective.

It's like you're so quick to pull the trigger on almost anything Bush and his administration does.

What I'm trying to do is separate the logic from the ardent Bush-hating component.

Or is that even possible?

12. slortz

slortz New Member

<_< Okay, now you've gone too far! This statement is so baseless, so riduculous, so stupid, so evil, so insane, so dumb, so crazy! Everyone I know on this planet likes confrontation and uncomfortable situations so where you come up with this lamebrain idea is beyond me! This was never reported on FOXnews or pie-graphed on USA Today, so how the hell can you make a statement like this?!! I am sooo pissed......arrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhh!!!! :angry:

There's a downright beautiful and artful emotional argument, wouldn't you say. Yes, we need more of that. :lol: