1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Schematic for the Driver's side Junction Box

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bobc, Apr 11, 2005.

1. bobc

bobc New Member

I'm wanting to hook up my seat heaters and lumbar bladders to this fuse box. I want to make it a clean installation. So, rather than have the wires just stuck into the slots where the fuses go, I'd like to add the pins to the wires and have them plug into the harnesses with all the OEM wires that go to the fuses.

The problem is: Which fuse #'s correspond to which harness #'s? In my wandering around toyota techinfo, I haven't seen this.

Also, do you happen to know which slots are ACC ON and which are IG ON? I need to tap into both.

For IG ON, I need two circuits at 10 Amps. For ACC ON, I need one at 5 Amps.

Thanx again,
    -bob

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

On Tech-info you needed to look through the wiring diagram manual. Relay locations section would have gotten you started.

ACC on for most circuits is one or maybe 2 7.5A fuse(s), with the one exception for the power outlet in the console, which has a 15A fuse. Reason for such a low A fuse for ACC is that all the accessories only use this for turn-on, they get their main power from const B+.

Green wire at 1J pin 5 provides 25A ACC switched to feed 15A power outlet fuse and 7.5A ACC fuse.
    Other end of green wire goes to A12 ACC relay.

For IG1, you can tap light green at pin 36 on 1A, or pin 2 at 1I both of which connect to 30A wiper motor fuse. The blue wire at pin 2 of 1A goes to 20A washer motor fuse.

3. bobc

bobc New Member

Oops, I should have made my post clearer.

Rather than tapping into the existing OEM wires, I'd like to utilize the open spots in the fuse box. And, I'd like to also utilize the open spots in the harnesses plugging into the fuse box. So, I'd like to put pins on the wires coming from the mods and insert those pins into the existing harness. What I don't know and can't find, is which open spots on the harnesses correspond to which open spots in the fuse box.

Thanks again,
    -bob

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

OK, get the page containing the relay locations. The one for the driver's side J/B will have the 'schematic'.

Looks like pin 11 of 1N appears to be free, and ocnnects to an open fuse slot joined to Ig1 buss.

5. talonts

talonts VFAQman

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobc\";p=\"80815)</div>
    http://www.vfaq.net/proj-pics/fuses/

I did this research when wiring the Valentine One remote unit's permanent power, and the tach, to the car. Each has its' own fuse now.

6. bobc

bobc New Member

Tom,

Thanks, the is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks for doing the research and figuring these out!

Can I bug you for one more question? Did you just slide the wire under the fuse or did you tap into the fuses via the harnesses? If the latter, do you know what the pin is that fits into the harness (K1) and where I can get them?

I just popped one pin out of the 1K harness and took measurements. I'm about to go online and search for this.

I put up a couple of photos in the event that others may recognize these. "0" is stamped on the side.

Thanx again,

7. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Tom -- Major thanks for posting those specs!

8. talonts

talonts VFAQman

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got terminals from junkyard Toyotas, and slipped them into the proper plugs that plug into the JB.

I hit a local yard that had nothing newer than probably 1999 vehicles, found the newest Toyotas I could find, and took all the terminals I could get from all over the car. From what I can remember, those terminals are the ones from 87-up Toyota radios (also used in the EV button plug), and if so, you could just order an adapter harness from a car stereo shop (the male type, not the standard female they sell). But raiding a junkyard will get you a lot more of them, and if you grab everything you can, you'll have stuff for future mods.